Honeymoon Discussions

New England/Canada Cruise

FH and I are going over options for our honeymoon. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise. FH has never been anywhere. Neither of us are very beachy sort of people, and we both love fall (getting married in October).

Has anyone ever been on a New England/Canada cruise? The one we're looking at starts in Boston, goes up the coast of Maine, then St. John, then Halifax, and back.

We'd love to hear about anyone's experiences.

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: New England/Canada Cruise

• My Grandfather and Grandmother did that cruise every other year and loved it. Mid Fall was usually their preference in order to really catch the Fall colours. @CMGragain is likely the best person to comment on cruises.
  • Thank you!
  • I have never done that itinerary, but I know it is popular.  What cruise line are you considering?  Have you talked with a travel agent?  You should.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I have never done that itinerary, but I know it is popular.  What cruise line are you considering?  Have you talked with a travel agent?  You should.
    Royal Caribbean. We are planning on going through a travel agent. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any firsthand experience with it.

P.S. I read your Cruise Tips sticky. Lots of good info. Thank you!
  • I'm from New England, and it certainly is beautiful that time of year! The optimal time for foliage can vary based on weather (sometimes a few rough storms will cause the season to end early), but mid-Oct is probably the best possible time for a trip if foliage in that area is your goal.

• Thank you for the feedback. We're getting married Oct. 15 so it'll be shortly after that.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have never been on such a cruise, but that time of year, the foliage will be beautiful in all places.
  • Where do you live? Just want to make sure you are aware of how chilly it gets. If you're from southern CA for example and you imagine fall to be this beautiful time where you wear jeans and t-shirts, that is likely not going to be the case. Sure we get a few lucky days in late October but the majority of it will definitely be jacket weather and very windy on deck.

• FH actually said to me the other day when we were looking at booking it "Are you sure you want to do this? You're ALWAYS cold".

I'm in Indiana, so (I think) I get the chilly fall weather I'll be signing up for, but that was a great point @jenna8984

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards