Wedding Invitations & Paper

Minted vs wedding paper divas vs vistaprint

hi! This is my first time ever posting on the knot or any message board for that matter! I'm wondering if anyone here has used any of the above mentioned websites for invitations. We used vista print for our save the dates and they came out nice and were very cost effective because we ordered on cyber Monday. I have samples from minted and have heard wonderful things about them but they are more expensive than vista print. Minted prints your envelopes and return address labels which would save me a lot of time. I have samples coming from wedding paper divas but I called vista print and they don't send samples of wedding invitations. Like I said I love our save the dates but the paper is a bit thin and I am wondering if the invitations are a similar thickness. Has anyone sampled all 3 and have any input on this? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Minted vs wedding paper divas vs vistaprint

• https://secure.vistaprint.com/wedding-sample-kit.aspx

You can upgrade the paper on Vistaprint. I had the linen finish and it was very nice. That link should let you get samples there.

I've never used the others, but was very happy with Vistaprints quality, and I saved quite a bit.  
  • I received a sample pack from vistaprint, but it didn't include their gold foil print, because *spolier alert* they advertise it but don't really offer it. 

I ordered a sample pack of 10 of the invitation I liked first and when I didn't like it in real life, they gave me a credit towards my next purchase so all in it was a low cost test. I will still use them for my second favorite style on better paper though, because at the end of the day it's a piece of paper that is thrown out and IMO not worth the 3x up charge the other two sites you list charge. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Vistaprint quality and designs are fine, but their suggested wording is terrible.  Please post your wording for editing before you order.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm actually using zazzle. Well, I really like a bunch of their designs and they allow you to order one invitation, so I ordered one each of a few designs I customized with our information. I can certainly update you to let you know if they are as nice as they look online.
  • We used VP for our invites and WPD for our STDs.  The WPD postcards were much thicker and there was no need to upgrade the paper. 

For VP, I would upgrade their paper and envelopes.  Or just buy your own envelopes.  Their standard envelopes are see through. 

We did use VP for our invites, like I said and we were very happy with them.  We did not upgrade the paper.  We designed our own and placed them in pockets from Cards & Pockets.  I felt it was a waste of money to get extra thick invites since it was going to be glued into the pocket.  I also purchased envelopes from Cards & Pockets to go with the pockets I purchased, to ensure they would be the correct size.

My sister also used VP for her invites, ordered the thicker paper and upgraded envelopes.  She was very happy with them. 

• We got both our STDs and invites/RSVP cards through Minted and were very happy with them. The invites actually just arrived this week, and they included vellum sheets to separate the invite from the RSVP card, which was a nice surprise since I am not fancy enough to have thought of that. Maybe that's the norm for all of these websites, but I thought it was a nice touch. I also very much appreciated being able to have all my guests' addresses pre-printed in a nice font (that was free), plus paying a small fee to have our return address pre-printed on the RSVP envelope (because I'm lazy). They got the digital proofs to me within 24 hours each time. In the case of the STDs, I approved it right away, but on the invites I noticed a weird layering where the font of the wedding date was blocked a little by a graphic and so I requested a change. They had the new digital proof to me again within the day, and the invites arrived within a week. I would definitely use them again.
  • I just asked about this on the Wedding Wednesday thread. I'm in the same boat. Also considering Etsy 
  • If I could do it all over again I would have used minted because they offer guest addressing.  WPD and Vistaprint have better deals.  My shower invites were Vistaprint on the linen paper and they looked lovely.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I realize I'm a little late to the party here- BUT I just got mine in the mail and I love them. They are from Invitations by Dawn. I had never heard of them but got a flyer in the Mail randomly. Checked them out and Fi was walking by the computer, pointed at one and said "that one" and walked away lol.
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    I have never used Minted.

I was very happy with how our Wedding Paper Divas wedding invitations turned out.  We purchased a standard flat invitation, no upgraded paper or envelopes or anything like that. I was very happy with the paper.  It was very thick and felt high quality with a nice texture.  They were beautiful. We paid just under $200 for 130 invitations and envelopes.

I used Vistaprint a little over a year ago for a card to include with our Christmas letter.  I thought it looked nice enough but I wasn't blown away. The card was super shiny, which was ok, but I didn't expect it to be that shiny.  We had three photos printed on it, and two of them were much darker than I was expecting. It was harder to see us in the photo, and I was a bit disappointed. I can't find the receipt, so I don't know how much we paid.
  • We used wedding paper divas for our save the dates. I loved the way they came out. I've gotten a lot of comments from friends and family on how nice they look. We wanted to use them again for our invitations but when I priced everything out it was well over $250 for JUST the invitations (not including rsvp cards) with a coupon code I wasn't saving a significant amount of money. Vistaprint I got both of them for $70 shipped. I have ordered from vista before and my friend ordered her invitations from there and they came out nice. 
    edited April 2016
    I just asked about this on the Wedding Wednesday thread. I'm in the same boat. Also considering Etsy 
    Etsy is not an invitation company.  They are a sale site for individual vendors.  The quality will be as good as that particular vendor.  Do be careful.  Some vendors do lovely work - others, not so much.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • DD ordered a template from Etsy for menu cards. We then had them printed at Staples. We had a variety of cardstock options there.
  • SP29SP29 member
    I only experience with Wedding Paper Divas. Requested a couple samples- they were lovely- particularly one design I fell in love with. Nice thick paper, nice design, etc. In the end, went with invitations from David's Bridal online store, purely because they were cheaper (it's paper right?). I really did love that one invitation from WPDs though...
  • edited April 2016
    HI, contemplating ordering   FRAMED IN LUXURY - #DWF12491, from invitations by dawn, does anybody have any experience with them or even better this invite? They have inner, outer, and return address printing also! 

Thanks

J
  • I used Minted. Very easy to work with. Loved how they turned out. I chose them over others because we are going to Vegas and their Vegas invite was better suited to us. Sending them out Monday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HI, contemplating ordering   FRAMED IN LUXURY - #DWF12491, from invitations by dawn, does anybody have any experience with them or even better this invite? They have inner, outer, and return address printing also! 

Thanks

J
    You can order three free sample invitations from Invitations by Dawn.  They won't be customized for your wedding, but you can see the invitation in person.  Do not trust their wording guide!  Ick!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I used Vistaprint. While price is always a big consideration for me, value is actually more important. I have a few other favorite brands and they are definitely worth the extra cost. Last week my sister purchased a card from there at very low price. They are very fast and efficient.

edited April 2016

I used Vistaprint. While price is always a big consideration for me, value is actually more important. I have a few other favorite brands and they are definitely worth the extra cost. Last week my sister purchased a card from there at very low price. They are very fast and efficient.

I like Vistaprint, too, but comparing it to traditional invitations from Invitations by Dawn is comparing apples and oranges.  Vistaprint's invitations are printed on paper stock.  They have lovely designs.  Invitation by Dawn's line can be embossed and printed using raised thermography, which simulates engraving. Forty years ago, all invitations were like this.  Very traditional and formal looking!  I, personally, prefer traditional black raised lettering, rather than their extra cost colored raised print.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards