Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

FLIK catering

Has anyone ever used FLIK catering at the Cenral Library? ..or know anything about them?
The library's site is way less than useful.

Thank you!
Follow Me on Pinterest
Anniversary

Re: FLIK catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I posted a similar question two weeks ago!

Another bride on the site told me to email the library with a list of questions and ask for some sample catering info. I finally got around to it last week and got my answer yesterday.

The catering company for the Central Libary is actually called Compass Group now. I don't know if it's the same company just with a new name, or not. They are the exclusive caterers for the library.

Their pricing per person is part of an inclusive package. Starting price per person is $86.95 for vegetarian and chicken meals. Beef, fish, lamb, pork are more expensive. Entrees can be customizable. They are also willing to do local/organic, if you want.

The inclusive package includes:
    • First Course

• Salad Selection

• Entrée

– including a starch, vegetables, and dinner rolls with butter

• Two hors d’oeuvres selections, hot or cold.

• Three hour standard bar (well brand)

• Equipment: Standard China, flatware (silver), glassware, serving equipment, assorted tables, chairs for reception and necessary kitchen, bar and prep equipment, votive candles.

• Linen: Includes tablecloth and napkins in your choice of simple white or ivory.

• Starbuck’s Coffee (regular and decaffeinated), an assortment of hot teas, and soft drinks

The base price ($86.95) goes down if you decide to go move to a beer&wine bar or a cash bar. You can get different linens, but that will cause the price to go up. Bartenders are $75 each. Dance floor is $600. Cake cutting fee is $3.75 per guest. Parking is $5 per vehicle. Security fee is $200. I have no idea what the venue rental includes (ie. chairs for ceremony, etc.)

Extra hor d'ouevres are priced such as $1.25+ each for 50/100 minimum, and they suggest multiplying whatever your guest list is by 4 (so each guest can get for of each hor d'ouevres type).

The chef will do cupcakes, but wedding cakes are normally provided by client from a licensed bakery.

Servers wear tuxedos.

There is a 7% tax on the room rental fee. Catering has a 9% tax and a 20% service charge.

I would really recommend emailing them for more info. They will send you more about pricing and can answer your personal question. Give them about 4-5 days to answer.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards