New York-New York City

How early to book venue?

Hi everyone! We're planning on having our wedding in May 2017 and even though it's 19 months away I'm worried about our favorite venues being booked quickly. We're looking at a few local ones and some that are an hour drive away. But the top two are the Picnic House at Prospect park and the Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture. I was wondering if anyone has experience on these venues and know how early they usually get filled up. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How early to book venue?

• Now!  don't wait!  If you have a $1,000 I recommend you "seal the deal" with a deposit and contract.   Each year, the prices go up!
  • i agree with @Esther Morales book asap. i just saw a post where she booked it for 2018 :)@MCmeow
  • Yeah we're booking in the first week of February. It's a Friday wedding so I think we'll be fine :P Going with Snug Harbor, it's so beautiful there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes I agree, book as soon as you know. It may sound far away but its very common to book 1.5 and sometimes even 2 years in advance. Seal the deal. Also hire your wedding planner to start helping you out to avoid the stress & help you save money!! Try The Knot's Wedding vendors in your area, search on google, and try on thumbtack.com for more affordable options. 
    Thanks but this is an old post from 7 months ago haha. We booked our venue in February :P 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards