Chit Chat

Invitations

2»

Re: Invitations

• If you're adamant about having a small ceremony, why not hold a "meet the newlyweds" party a week or two later where you can invite everyone? As long as you don't frame it as a wedding reception (and don't do any wedding-y things), I don't see anything wrong with that - I'm doing that, myself. 
  • I'm in the camp of keeping just family if you have a reception with people not at the ceremony. That is etiquette approved even though I know many people don't agree with it. I personally wouldn't do it because the reception is the expensive part anyway. Let people celebrate your marriage by witnessing it.
  • Congrats on your pending nuptials! 
    I totally understand your concerns. I had a similar issue with my future in-laws because i wanted 40 people at the wedding and they wanted to have 20 more so they could have their own friends there. Our solution was to have wedding ANNOUNCEMENTS for the people who are not invited to the wedding.
    With that being said, I would say have 1 invitation with just the information on the reception and personally tell the people you want to be at the ceremony. That actually makes it FAR more intimate and personal than an invitation.
    Are you saying you invited 40 people to the ceremony and reception, but then invited 20 more people just to the reception? If so, that is definitely not cool, and most definitely goes against etiquette.
    Wedding announcements are only sent AFTER the ceremony and reception have taken place.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Congrats on your pending nuptials! 
    I totally understand your concerns. I had a similar issue with my future in-laws because i wanted 40 people at the wedding and they wanted to have 20 more so they could have their own friends there. Our solution was to have wedding ANNOUNCEMENTS for the people who are not invited to the wedding.
    With that being said, I would say have 1 invitation with just the information on the reception and personally tell the people you want to be at the ceremony. That actually makes it FAR more intimate and personal than an invitation.
    Are you saying you invited 40 people to the ceremony and reception, but then invited 20 more people just to the reception? If so, that is definitely not cool, and most definitely goes against etiquette.
    Wedding announcements are only sent AFTER the ceremony and reception have taken place.
    Yes, I am aware of that, but I am making sure Knottie#s does not mean that she is sending "announcements" of the ceremony with an invite to the reception.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards