Students

AW: I survived organic chem

After a semester of anxiety and tears (and working full time and wedding planning),  I just found out this evening that I passed my organic chemistry class! Taking that was like trying to teach a cat Japanese.

Mother of pearl. I'm having a margarita.

Anyone else have some celebrating to do?

Re: AW: I survived organic chem

• Awesome! Well done you! (And I love "trying to teach a cat Japanese," may I steal it?)
  • Thanks so much! Steal away!
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    Congratulations!  O-chem was my devil class.  

Edit: because spelling is not my strong suit at the end of the day

• Many years ago, I had a relationship with a chemistry grad student.  I got sick and was in the student health facility.  My roommate was crying about her chemistry class.  After a while, she cheered up and said "The TA is really gorgeous!  Maybe I can come on to him and get a better grade."  Guess who the TA was?  I told him, and he laughed.
    Congratulations for surviving a difficult class.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • indigo26 said:
    My official GRE scores came in today - SOOO much better than I thought I had done in Quantitative (Math). I'm celebrating with wine!
    Fantastic!!!!
  • Congrats! It's a good feeling to be done, isn't it? Finished up with year one of law school on Friday. Won't get my grades for a while still, but just happy to be done with exams for a bit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats! It's a good feeling to be done, isn't it? Finished up with year one of law school on Friday. Won't get my grades for a while still, but just happy to be done with exams for a bit.
    Yay! Fabulous!
  • Congrats y'all!!! 

I hated chemistry so much I took Human Heredity (bonus was I charted my family's genetic health conditions - the bad news - I have that information and too many doctors are oblivious because it's a "If you have one you have all by the time you turn 38" so I know where to tell them to "look" as the process of getting me healthy again is taking place - and there are some docs just not willing to listen until the lab hands them their buns).. 

• I just have to say despite the zombie, congratulations!!! Ironically, I failed organic chemistry twice trying to plan my wedding years ago and eventually changed my degree. I'm personally happier in this field, but very much - HATS OFF TO YOU FOR DOING THAT! I know it's not easy! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards