Chit Chat

Cheer me up

Mother's Day was a downer for me.  My son is being a jerk.  Tell me some great things about your week.
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Cheer me up

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    This probably is the opposite of what you're hoping for, but the highlight of my week so far is that I found out that there's such a thing as Doberman Tulips. I ordered a bunch, and this fall, I'm going to create a small garden to commemorate my Doberman. I never expected him to weasel his way into my heart the way he did, and it's been hard, so I am looking forward to creating a small remembrance that will bring me a little joy every spring.

ETA I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother's Day. ::hugs::

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    sorry to hear Mother's Day was a downer. The best thing about my week is it is half over haha
  • edited May 2016
    I went to pick out the granite remnant that we will use for the counter top in our laundry room! I can't wait to get that done along with the bar basement counter top (already picked that out). Had the living room painted this week and love the new color. Youngest son graduates from college on Saturday! woohoo!!

Hope your week gets better. I know how you feel. None of my kids were home for Mother's Day. One sent flowers, the other two nothing. Pretty much a bummer.
  • edited May 2016
    I'm sorry Mother's Day was so awful for you. My week hasn't been the greatest either, but we have a new roommate moving in this weekend -- one who's actually going to pay rent, imagine that. Also, I got some real writing done for the first time in months!

Oh, and some kitty pictures!

• Love the pet photos!  Bring it on!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • They're cheering me up, too. All the feels.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm sorry the day was a bummer. 
    Great things- my parents and in-laws get along great, so we all spent Sunday together and it was a very enjoyable day. 
    Friday I'm meeting my rock idol at a VIP event and couldn't be more excited. 
    Saturday I'm going to the ballet (Cinderella).
    Sunday I'm celebrating a friend's kid's first birthday.
    It's a very good week... hoping work goes quickly! 

• Here's a dog pic!

• Here's a link to a slideshow of cats in costumes: http://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/slideshow/2569/cats-in-costumes/pumpkin-cat

And here's a picture of my pup ready for the Blazers game:

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry the day was a bummer. 
    Great things- my parents and in-laws get along great, so we all spent Sunday together and it was a very enjoyable day. 
    Who?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited May 2016
    My Mother's Day sucked, too. Glad it's over.  Next year, I'm going to leave town and not tell anyone where I'm going. 

My husband was over billed $2400 for his radiation treatments last year. Now the doctors owe us money. The fun part is I'm putting that toward a cruise, if and when I get it back.

• Here is my dog with some tall dandilions. This is my first attempt at posting a picture. Sorry if it is huge.
  • MobKaz said:
    We have never made a big hoopla out of Mother's/Father's Day.  I have always told my kids that I would rather have one sincere, spontaneous gesture than some forced act.  Having DD show up unexpectedly at the house with a cup of deliciousness from Starbucks when I am home sick stays with me much longer than a token anything.

DD just gave birth to her second child on May 2nd.  They are both healthy and home.  The week had been a long, exhausting and joyous one as I took care of my granddaughter while mom and dad focused on the new baby.  Honestly, I would have loved to have spent this particular Mother's Day playing "catch up" with my own chores and some relaxation.  Unfortunately, Mother's Day was all about the new mommy, part deux.  DS, who is across the country, did phone, and sent a card.  I have to remind myself that when I was having health issues last year, DS did make some spontaneous phone calls and helped me navigate the medical system.  (DS is a doc.)

@CMGragain, isn't your DD due soon with grandchild #2 as well?

Congratulations on the new grand baby!
  • Garfunkel and Joni on the cat seat.

Hang in there, C. My week is shit too. Big, big hugs  <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats @MobKaz on the new grandchild.
    @spockforprez would that kitty be named after Joni Mitchell?

• Congrats @MobKaz on the new grandchild.
    @spockforprez would that kitty be named after Joni Mitchell?
    You got it! My three folk singers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Sorry about your mother's day :[ Here's my husky with his first birthday cake! Hope this cheers you up. Huskies are good at that :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2016

I'm sorry the day was a bummer. 
    Who?
    @madamerwin
    I may not be as composed as Homer when I meet Billy Corgan but I'll sure try:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards