Chit Chat

Anyone else having weird weather?

It snowed and hailed last night and early this morning in Cleveland, and it's 45 degrees now. WTH????

Re: Anyone else having weird weather?

• We've been hitting 30C already (though it's snowing out east), but we are so dry due to a lack of snow this past winter and no rain, so we are on fire.  We're in the middle of a huge forest fire that evacuated 90 000 people from the city north of us.  No deaths though

• @WinstonsGirl, are you in Saskatchewan? One of my friends lives there, and I heard about the fires from her. Glad you and H are OK!
  • Alberta has been hard hit. Glad @WinstonsGirl you were south of that. We got snow in South Alberta a day ago and then it was beautiful. This time of year is always hard to predict.
  • We're in Alberta, but not close, about 5 hours away, by Edmonton.  We did get a whiff of smoke earlier this week for 1 day.  But we're fine here.  We did offer to take in any foster hedgehogs if needed, while owners find accommodations where they can bring their hedgies, but nothing yet.  But we've had about 30 kids register at our school.  

Actually, a kinda cool story that's come out of this, I asked the new students if they wanted to be considered for the track team, since we did our school track meet the day before they arrived.  One said yes, for 800m and 1500m (distance events, which no kid wants to do willingly).  She was an Alberta Summer Games athlete for those events last summer.  We might just fall into a City Championship here.  :D 

• Sunny and snowing in Detroit!
  • Sunny and snowing in Detroit!
    The sun came out around 11:30 here, but it's not that much warmer.
  • More rain and storms in some parts of Houston
  • It's finally stopped raining in Annapolis, at least for now; it's supposed to rain 2 or 3 days this week. Yesterday it was sunny and around 75. Today it's windy and cold.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PNW gas been having 80 degree days in May. I have lived here all my life, this is not normal or okay.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    One day hot and then next day cold here in NYC (though the up and down is pretty typical during spring).
  • I live in ND. It snowed Thursday and Friday. It was 65* today.
  • Very crazy indeed!  It was in the 90s the Friday before last and then last Friday it froze!  I just want nice, moderate, springy weather!
  • The weather in the Pacific NW won't make up its mind. It was 85 degrees on Thursday, 90 degrees on Friday, and then 60 and rainy on Saturday and Sunday. It's 60 and cloudy today, but it is supposed to be in the high 70's tomorrow. The entire month has been like this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, it's been bizarre this winter/spring!  At one point it was in the 80s in February.  And yesterday it was in the 30s, but today it's mid-60s.  I just want it to be nice out:(
  • This is Texas, so the answer at any given time is a resounding "yes!"
  • Very weird. In Maine March was warmer than April and the beginning of May. Saturday was Finally a beautiful day! Thursday was pretty good too. Yesterday and today were both cold and windy... Looks like starting Friday though we should start hitting consistent 70s and I'm hoping for 80s soon after!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In the Philly area, it's been raining and cool nearly every day for the past three weeks and looks like that'll continue for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping for at least a few hours of sun on June 3rd! :#
  • It snowed in Toronto on Sunday! None yet out here on the east coast, just hard rain > nothing > hard rain > repeat.
  • In the Philly area, it's been raining and cool nearly every day for the past three weeks and looks like that'll continue for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping for at least a few hours of sun on June 3rd! :#
    I hope the weather cooperates for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards