Snarky Brides

PPDx2

Just a snark on PPD.

Friend met a guy and about 3 weeks later they were engaged. About a week later they were married. Great, right? Good for them, they knew right away. Well about 2 weeks after they got married they announced they were getting married again for their “real wedding”. So on their 1 month married anniversary they get a wedding day. Everyone knew it was a PPD, so I feel less likely to snark. 

The bride announced, on her FB, that they could only spend $25,000 this time, so not everyone was invited but don’t worry, on their 3 month anniversary they will have a “relaxed” reception that they will be able to spend an equal amount but because it was “relaxed” the money would go further. So, um, you’re not only having a PPD wedding with served meals, but you will also have a relaxed (whatever that means) PPDx2 reception??

Oi. My head hurts.    

Re: PPDx2

• God forbid people miss the opportunity to celebrate ME! 

• ONLY $25,000? And then another $25,000 for a second "reception"??

No. Just no.

Sheesh! I don't make $50,000 in a year!

Anyone want to bet they're divorced within five years?
  • What did they spend the first time that 25k is a small amount?!  

This whole thing sounds like a recipe for disaster...  
  • NotMyMonkeysNotMyMonkeys member
    First Comment
    edited May 2016
    I dont make $50.000 a year either.

I dont wish divorce on anyone, but i can see it coming. I feel bad, and they are both in their mid 30's. So, we will see.
  • I think that this bride is a beautiful person inside and out, I just think that this was way overkill. Must be nice to have funds to throw around. I hope he is as loaded as it looks like he is, or else they will be divorced in under 3 years. 
  • NotMyMonkeys said:

Just a snark on PPD.

Friend met a guy and about 3 weeks later they were engaged. About a week later they were married. Great, right? Good for them, they knew right away. Well about 2 weeks after they got married they announced they were getting married again for their “real wedding”. So on their 1 month married anniversary they get a wedding day. Everyone knew it was a PPD, so I feel less likely to snark. 

The bride announced, on her FB, that they could only spend $25,000 this time, so not everyone was invited but don’t worry, on their 3 month anniversary they will have a “relaxed” reception that they will be able to spend an equal amount but because it was “relaxed” the money would go further. So, um, you’re not only having a PPD wedding with served meals, but you will also have a relaxed (whatever that means) PPDx2 reception??

Oi. My head hurts.    

They can't afford to invite everyone they want to the first PPD but in 2 more months they'll have an extra $25k laying around? Are they planning on winning the lottery in between?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • drglitter said:
    NotMyMonkeys said:

Just a snark on PPD.

Oi. My head hurts.    

They can't afford to invite everyone they want to the first PPD but in 2 more months they'll have an extra $25k laying around? Are they planning on winning the lottery in between?
    Gifts from the first wedding, duh. Possible money-makers include money tree, dollar dance, cash registry, cash bar...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• drglitter said:
    NotMyMonkeys said:

Just a snark on PPD.

Oi. My head hurts.    

Gifts from the first wedding, duh. Possible money-makers include money tree, dollar dance, cash registry, cash bar...

Good point. It didn't even occur to me to consider a wedding as a form of profit. And I'm ok with that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Geez. Why not put the 50K together and host everyone you want. Or, make both parties "relaxed"- have a wedding celebration instead of "real" wedding, save some money and invite everyone you'd like. That's another reason why I dislike PPDs- it seems to me they end up costing the B&G MORE money.

Preaching to the choir, I know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards