Honeymoon Discussions

Europe weather in September???

Hello all!

My FH and myself are getting married early September this year and we are leaving for our European honeymoon the Monday after the wedding. We will be visiting Edinburgh, Paris, and Rome. As this is our first experience in Europe we don't know what the weather will be like, and I'd like to be able to pack accordingly, any hints/tips/information would be very much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Best Answers

Re: Europe weather in September???

• Thanks ladies! So far everything I have read is to make sure to pack layers. Your input is much appreciated!
  • I grew up in Scotland and can tell you that you are likely to get all four seasons in one day in September. Yes it is all about layers, but most importantly, its all about waterproof layers!

• I grew up in Scotland and can tell you that you are likely to get all four seasons in one day in September. Yes it is all about layers, but most importantly, its all about waterproof layers!
    Excellent thank you so much! I live in Michigan so I for sure know what it's like to experience all 4 seasons in one day. Since you grew up in Scotland may I ask your recommendation on the best day trip to the Highlands? We are only in Edinburgh for 3 days so I'd like to experience as much as we can!
  • The highlands are just the most beautiful places to visit. We go up there as often as we can (we got engaged up there too!). If it is just for the day then you could easily go to Fort William. September in the highlands *might* still be a bit problematic with midges, so I'd pack insect repellant and long sleeves/trousers for sure. You can climb Ben Nevis if you like hill walking, don't worry if you don't get to the very top as there is a loch about halfways up that is a great place to have a picnic. You could take a distillery tour if you like whiskey, take a walk around Inverlochy Castle if you like ruins, but mainly it is the scenery that is the draw. I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Thank you! We really are looking forward to the experience, I appreciate all of the advice too about clothes and things to pack. As it's our first time I would hate to be unprepared!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards