Connecticut

Married and back with reviews (long post and a couple of pictures)

Hi CT Brides!  

I got married just over 2 weeks ago and it was an amazing day.  Just about everything was perfect (except the weather) and it was more fun than I could have ever imagined.  I know when I started planning I found the reviews lists super helpful so mine are listed below.  You will see a few familiar board favs like DJae Melee and Tim Brown from TAB Photographic - both of them were just as amazing as we have heard here.  I am dying to get more photos back from the photographer but its only been a couple of weeks.  I posted a couple that I have so far.  

Thanks for being such a great support system.  I hope my reviews are as helpful to brides as previous review posts were to me.  

Dolce Norwalk – Dolce was not my original venue but when the Cobbs Mill Inn unexpectedly closed 9 weeks before my date they came in to save the day.  It turned out to be better than I ever could have imagined.  The grounds are gorgeous for photos with several options for ceremony sites, the food was impressive, they have very nice onsite accommodations and offer a buffet breakfast the next day. 

The entire staff is wonderful but I must single out catering manager, Hazel Scudder, who coordinated everything for the day and she is an absolute pro.  I had nothing to worry about and they day ran perfectly with her in charge. 

DJae Melee – My wedding music was one of the highest priorities for me because I love to dance and wanted a very ‘dancy’ wedding.  It was important to me that our DJ was able to read the crowd and encourage a packed dance floor without being over the top or cheezy.  After a lot of research and review reading I spoke to Jae and knew immediately he was right for our event.  We used him for ceremony, cocktail and reception music.

Jae was great to work with, very reasonably priced and took our priorities and needs very seriously.  He offered an online portal for us to document the schedule of the day, spotlight dances as well as must plays and ‘do not plays’.  He followed our instructions perfectly and didn’t miss a beat when the mother of the groom wanted to change her song to dance with her son.  My dance floor was packed all night and Jae delivered exactly the party I had hoped for. 

TAB Photographic – Tim and his team were great to work with while planning and were awesome vendors at the wedding.  Tim was willing to work with me on a package that was appropriate for my budget and was able to include some video so I did not have to hire a separate videographer.

There was light rain throughout the day but they still made it possible to do some photos outside.  They were fun and helped this anxious bride relax while getting ready.  We barely noticed them during the wedding and reception but are certain they got wonderful photos.  The photos I have seen so far have been very impressive and really captured the spirit of the day. 

Winston’s Flowers – This was definitely a big splurge but they did such a wonderful job that it was worth it.  Also, my wedding was mother’s day weekend so we wanted to be sure to use a florist that could handle our wedding during a big business weekend.  Our flowers were perfect and the customer service and attention was top notch.  They carefully listened to our thoughts and ideas about the general tone and feel of the wedding, talked to us about the colors we wanted to use and some ideas we had about the looks the arrangements and they delivered the most beautiful floral arrangements I could ever imagine.  I cannot give enough praise to Mallory and Julio at Winston’s in Greenwich.  They are truly the best of the best. 

S Salon, Shelton (Heather - Hair/ Jenny – Make up) – One of my bridesmaids recommended Heather, a master stylist from S Salon so I went to see her for a blow out before my engagement photos to see if we ‘clicked’.  I loved her right from the beginning and she really understood what kind of look I had in mind for the wedding.  They also booked me a makeup artist (Jenny) who is a contractor with the salon.  I was really happy with both hair and makeup for my trial and for day of.  My hair was exactly what I wanted and the makeup was perfect.  Jenny did a great job creating a natural look but with a little more coverage which lasted throughout my day.  Heather and Jenny helped me achieve the look that I had dreamed of for my wedding day and I felt beautiful. 

Taste and See Cupcakes – We were ready to go with a different cupcake vendor for our wedding when someone told us to try Taste and See and I’m so glad we did.  They were definitely the best cupcakes we had tried.  We opted to do mini-cupcakes in a handful of flavors. David was able to deliver the cupcakes to our venue with stands that we rented and set up the display for us.  We were very happy with the product and service we received from Taste and See Cupcakes.

Classic Brides by Eva – I am so happy that I bought my gown from Eva.  Her boutique is on the small side but she had quite a bit to choose from in a variety of sizes and price points.   She was very patient with me while I shopped around and I never felt any pressure from her to purchase.  Once my dress came in she was flexible on scheduling fittings and I felt very comfortable with her talent as a seamstress.  My dress fit perfectly and I felt beautiful.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married and back with reviews (long post and a couple of pictures)

• Aww congratulations!!! I'm so happy everything worked out with the venue change and all of that. :) You looked beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • YAY! I saw a couple of your pics on FB through Tim (sorry to sound like a total creeper!) - you were beautiful!! Congratulations from another TAB bride :) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Aww congratulations!!! I'm so happy everything worked out with the venue change and all of that. :) You looked beautiful!
    Thank you! The venue change was the best thing that could have happened.  We loved Dolce!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful!!!! So glad everything worked out for you!
  • CSol70CSol70 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    congratulations... you are so beautiful! :) and the picts. are gorgeous. 
    this is so helpful 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards