Wedding Invitations & Paper

Early Invite?

My Grandfather is starting to forget things and has been asking if he is being invited to our October 2016 wedding. He is of course invited and we've assured him several times. Since we are not sending STDs, would it really be that horrible to send his invite ASAP instead of when we would actually send the rest of the invites? I'm thinking if we sent his early, he would have it for his fridge where he puts everything else important.

Re: Early Invite?

• Ironring said:
    Personally, I think that is a sweet way to ensure he feels reassured about the wedding.

I foresee two potential issues that you could easily manage: 1) depending on how bad he starts to forget things, he may misplace the invite. Maybe order an extra one just in case you need to give it to him again. 2) make sure any other family members who may also be invited to the wedding who visit his house are aware of why he got an early invite, in case they wonder where their invite is or think they were B listed. 

He is actually pretty good about not losing items ... just remembering conversations, but I'll keep the replacement invite in mind.

All the family is aware of his memory issues and have to keep reminding him that he is truly invited. I'm not sure how to spread that he got his invite early and all other invites will come at the normal time, but I'll do some thinking.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My thoughts are, as long as you aren't setting your RSVP date earlier, it isn't rude to send an invitation earlier (although it may not be traditional). The biggest issue is the guest putting the invitation somewhere "away" and forgetting about it.

I think this is fine to do for your grandfather.
  • SP29 said:
    My thoughts are, as long as you aren't setting your RSVP date earlier, it isn't rude to send an invitation earlier (although it may not be traditional). The biggest issue is the guest putting the invitation somewhere "away" and forgetting about it.

I think this is fine to do for your grandfather.

Like @Ironring mentioned above, I may need to have back ups in case the invite gets misplaced, but I'm hoping that it at least helps him remember for a few weeks! Sending the advanced invite could also not do a darned thing and I will continue to remind him every week or so that he is invited to the wedding.

Everyone (including my Grandfather) will have the same 1 week prior to event RSVP deadline. The rest of the invites will probably be sent at the 6 week mark.

• I vote for giving your grandfather his invitation now. You can let him know, that he is the first guest to be invited. 
    Yes! I love it. ❤️
  • Thanks everyone! I think I will go to the post office tomorrow and weigh the invite and then mail his. I will follow it up with a phone call to let him know he was the first :)
  • Thanks @drglitter. He is one of my favourite people so I really want to make sure that he feels the love and reduce his confusion. My Mom told me today that he was asking "if I do get invited, do you think I get to wear one of those boutonnieres, because I look really good with a boutonniere". He is awesome.
  • @ernursej   Awwwww! Grandpa sounds cute.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards