Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress 1 or Dress 2?

Which wedding dress do you prefer?

Dress 1 - Pronovias Tair 

Dress 2 - Maggie Sottero Malina

I like dress 1 because it's more modest and covers my arms. But dress 2 has an internal corset and more structure that I like, plus it's embellished so I wouldn't need to buy the belt shown with dress 1. They're so different, I can't choose. 

Re: Dress 1 or Dress 2?

• I adore dress 1 but you look stunning in both!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • IMO - go with the dress YOU love!  If it comes down to the cost of a belt like in 1 - check out prices online (you may be able to find it on ebay!).. 

At the end of the day - which would you enjoy wearing the day-of more?  Then you have your answer!

• I love the lace sleeves on dress #1, but I don't like the blingy belt with that dress.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • cgss11cgss11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I like #1. Love that back! I don't like the abrupt lace to tulle on the second one. Both look great on you though! 
  • I vote dress #1

• I guess it depends on the look you want to go for. They both look great on you. I prefer dress #1
  • I love dress 1
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Whatever dress you feel the most comfortable in but if I was getting a vote, I'd vote for #1. I love the lace look and it just seems like it would be most comfortable. Have you tried sitting in #2? It looks like it might be something to test before purchasing.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I love dress #1 (including the blingy belt, but I also think you don't need it. You could do some blingy earrings instead). It's the dress I would wear myself.

But you look great in both!

I bought a corset bra to wear under my dress.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    OP, if you really feel that you need a belt with dress #1, what about a satin or ribbon belt?  It would look better with the traditional lace IMHO.  Cheaper, too!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I also prefer dress #1!
  • Adding my vote for Dress #1! Love it!!!
  • I vote for dress 1 as well, and I like the blingy belt!  You're beautiful in both but I feel like dress 2 maybe wearing you more than you're wearing it.
  • Another vote for dress 1, but I have to agree with PP--you look gorgeous in both!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• They are both winners but I really love #2 on you, that's a stunning gown! 
  • I think they're both gorgeous and you look wonderful in both. Which goes better with the vibe of your wedding? The first is so traditional and demure and refined, and the second is like a party dress. What do you feel is more "you?"

• I prefer dress number 1. 

If you're really liking the corseting in dress 2, you could always consider having one added to the back of this dress as well.  Alternatively, Maggie Sottero makes several dresses more similar in design to dress one, but with the internal structure of dress two.  Might be worth browsing.

• Which wedding dress do you prefer?

Dress 1 - Pronovias Tair 

Dress 2 - Maggie Sottero Malina

I like dress 1 because it's more modest and covers my arms. But dress 2 has an internal corset and more structure that I like, plus it's embellished so I wouldn't need to buy the belt shown with dress 1. They're so different, I can't choose. 
    I really like you in the first one. That belt makes your waist look tiny and the back is gorgeous!
  • You look fantastic in both dresses but I agree with the masses and say go with #1
  • I LOVE #1!  You look amazing in it!  I'd probably go with a more simple belt, but that's just my style.  The blingy belt is still beautiful!

If you love number 2 more though, then it looks beautiful too!  You really can't lose either way!  

SaveSave
  • Thank you everyone for your input! I just wish there were more short sleeve dresses to choose from. The bridal salons in my area are saturated with strapless gowns! 
  • Thank you everyone for your input! I just wish there were more short sleeve dresses to choose from. The bridal salons in my area are saturated with strapless gowns! 
    What if you found a strapless you loved and had sleeves put on? I know Alfred Angelo has a bunch.
  • Dress #1 is stunning and ultra-flattering!  Definitely gets my vote.

A good seamstress can add straps/cap sleeves or even full sleeves to most dresses provided that you have extra fabric. Depending on the type of dress, different add ons will look better than others. I'm adding little cap sleeves to my dress and based on what I've seen from my seamstress, they will look fantastic and like they were always part of the dress.
  • I vote for 1 also. It will have people saying "Wow, look how gorgeous Knottie#s is." vs. the second which says "Wow look at that dress." Sometimes you wear the dress and sometimes the dress wears you.
  • #2 looks the best on you. 
  • I vote Dress #1, but I also confess that I have an aversion to drop waist gowns to begin with, so I may be biased against Dress 2. But Dress 1 is beautiful...and you look stunning in both!

• edited July 2016
    You look gorgeous in both the dresses!! But I loved the first one more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards