Wedding 911

cathedral veil stuck on carpet!!

does anyone have any advice? I have a cathedral length veil with lace starting from the fingertips down. My church aisle is carpeted; the bridal salon is carpeted and my veil was getting dragged on the carpet and not looking good when I had my fitting. Does anyone know of anything that can be put onto th lace of the veil to help it glide better? my church does not allow me to use an aisle runner

Re: cathedral veil stuck on carpet!!

• This is one of the jobs of your bridesmaids.  When you get up to the front and turn, one of them adjusts your veil and/or train.  This may be the reason that, in the UK, bridesmaids traditionally follow the bride instead of preceding her, like we do in the USA.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • edited June 2016
    CMGragain said:
    This is one of the jobs of your bridesmaids.  When you get up to the front and turn, one of them adjusts your veil and/or train.  This may be the reason that, in the UK, bridesmaids traditionally follow the bride instead of preceding her, like we do in the USA.
    Glad you pointed this out, @CMGragain. That might be a good job for my nephew as junior bridesman.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards