Chit Chat
Options

Today's Dear Abby

I just love this:

DEAR ABBY: I read your column and I feel for the people who have problems. I have no worries. Although my life has been far from perfect and no bed of roses, here I am at 95 with no serious physical, spiritual, emotional, family or economic problems.
I grew up during the Depression, had wonderful parents, worked my way through college, and was married to a loving woman for 67 years. I have four successful children and their spouses and several industrious grandchildren. I also have met a terrific widow who shares the current daily obstacles.
Service in the Navy during WWII and Korea seemed at the time to limit my future career, but in retrospect were experiences I cherish. Science has been good to me. My knee replacement still permits tennis, three stents keep me alive, vertebra shots eliminate severe pain and I have had a couple of other minor corrections.
Yes, I know, Abby -- I am the luckiest person alive. -- FRANK IN ATLANTA
DEAR FRANK: I agree. And I can't help but wonder if part of your luck has to do with your attitude when you were faced with problems that others would consider to be adversities. We can all learn from your example.

When I talk to my parents every so often and nothing's going on in their life, I always remind them that a quiet life is a good life. 

Just wanted to share! Happy Friday! 

Re: Today's Dear Abby

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards