Chit Chat

Tattoo chat?

2»

Re: Tattoo chat?

• avocuddle said:
    I have 8 tattoos with plans for more, and DH is also heavily tattooed! When I got my first tattoo, my mom was all... "Think of when you get married in the future! Are you really going to want people looking at THAT?!" Flash forward... my parents are getting more tolerant and I got my 8th tattoo the week before my wedding, to honor my grandfather's passing (see below... my grandfather fishing in his canoe). It looked beautiful with my dress and I'm so happy I have it. I'd say that and my avocado are my two favorites. (DH and I have matching avocado tattoos that can be seen in my avatar picture.) :blush: 

LOVE this! Very similar in style to the next tattoo I plan to get.
    Thank you! I saw the two pictures that you posted earlier and I just love love that style! I'm planning on getting more like that :)
  • I have one! It's like yours @InLoveInQueens - on my hip and my dad still doesn't know about it. Background on it- I grew up riding horses and I now manage an eventing farm, so I tell people I've been branded ;) Every once in awhile I look at it and regret it, but most of the time I'm happy I did it. But I think my tattoo phase has passed. 

• I have three. My great grandparents would always watch Winnie the Pooh with me when I was younger, and it destroyed me when they passed away. I have Pooh on my hip with "Psalm 23" next to it (they both chose this as their Confirmation verse). My second one is on my bicep that says And though she be but little, she is fierce. The third one is on my side and it's a cross that is outlined half in red and half in black with a thin blue line ribbon on it with my badge number and FI's call number under it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a ton. I have a full sleeve on my right arm that I'm still havint work done to. I was hoping I would be completely filled in for the wedding but I don't think that will happen. I have one on my foot, one on my ankle, top of my thigh and the backs of my thighs. Most people can't tell until the summer when they can actually see them : )

• This is my back piece just after I got it last October. It's not done yet because we are going to add color to the compass. I have a few other smaller ones.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Does anyone have experience with white ink tattoos?
    I've always thought that if I got more, I'd want white ink, with treble and bass clefts on my inner wrists. I'm really pale so I thought that would be subtle enough for a sorta-kinda conservative work environment. 

• @thisismynickname a coworker who is very fair has one.  You really can only see it if she shows you.
  • These are gorgeous! But for me I have none. Besides people, places, faith, sushi and dogs I really don't like much after more than a few years. I've never seen something I have wanted to be permanent on my body. 

I've always thought that if I got more, I'd want white ink, with treble and bass clefts on my inner wrists. I'm really pale so I thought that would be subtle enough for a sorta-kinda conservative work environment. 
    My old roommate has one, it's not too noticeable unless she points it out, it's also in a similar spot.
  • arrippa said:
    lnixon8 said:
    These are gorgeous! But for me I have none. Besides people, places, faith, sushi and dogs I really don't like much after more than a few years. I've never seen something I have wanted to be permanent on my body. 

How about a sushi dog tattoo?

OH MY GOD! Love it! Is this yours?

• lnixon8 said:
    arrippa said:
    lnixon8 said:
    These are gorgeous! But for me I have none. Besides people, places, faith, sushi and dogs I really don't like much after more than a few years. I've never seen something I have wanted to be permanent on my body. 

How about a sushi dog tattoo?

OH MY GOD! Love it! Is this yours?
    No, I would love to have a sushi cat tattoo.
    I have a friend who has an entire chest piece in white. Most the time you don't notice unless she gets some sun. It is almost like henna but in white.

I have 2. One on my hip my highschool bff did with a sewing needle and india ink. The other is on my chest. It is the outline of the charm on a necklace my godfather gave me. I Really went to get at least a quarter or half sleeve but I waiting until I have all of this wedding saved up for. 
  • My fiancé has mentioned the desire to getting matching ring tattoos so that we are even more permanent and eternal. However I hear that they disappear after some time, so I am not sure if we will actually do it or not. 
  • edited June 2016
    My fiancé has mentioned the desire to getting matching ring tattoos so that we are even more permanent and eternal. However I hear that they disappear after some time, so I am not sure if we will actually do it or not. 
    I've never heard that, but I'd check with a tattoo artist to be sure.

ETA: You're a braver soul than I am. I think the ring tattoos look cool, but I'm too chicken to have anyone touch my hands with a needle unless it's medically necessary.
  • Yeah, finger tattoos fade way faster than tattoos in most other areas, so much constant friction. You've got to be ok with it being semi-permanent and getting constant touch ups or just letting it fade. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards