Not Engaged Yet

1st day of Summer!

13»

Re: 1st day of Summer!

• @minskat30 - Adorable pics! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed that she gives mommy a little break.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @labro - Anything vertical or semi vertical and she starts wailing...thankfully she does tucker herself out for a few hours at night.  Otherwise I'd go nuts.  I wish we lived closer too...what is this reason 512 to move to the good state of Georgia?  ;) 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30
    Reason 513: Our governor is slightly less of an asshole than Scott Walker AND he isn't getting paid off by the Koch brothers. ;)

• labrolabro member
    @AlPacina I just wanted to say I'm still here to read your stuff! And ugh...a weekend stuck with a bunch of 8-11 year boys sounds pretty nightmareish to me!!! Luckily unless you plan on having a BUNCH of kids, it should be...mostly not horribly annoying most of the time. ;) I read The Girl You Left Behind but I had no idea there was a prequel! I'll have to check it out!

• @labro - I made the mistake of laughing at a fart joke one of them made, accompanied by an actual fart.... So then they just continuously made fart jokes (meaning mostly just farting on or near people), and then would look over to see if I was watching. I blame myself and my 12 year old boy-ish sense of humor.

Have you read any other Moyes books? That's my second one now, but I saw she has a ton of them!

• @AlPacina I'm here! Some of the rules we did:
    1. Anytime Michael messes up a common saying
    2. Anytime Michael and Jan call each other "babe"
    3. Anytime Jim gives one of his looks to the camera
    4. Anytime the cameramen shoot through blinds
    5. Anytime Stanley is cranky
    6. Anytime Stanley does a crossword
    7. Anytime Phyllis gets sexual
    8. Anytime Angela talks about her cats
    9. Anytime Michael is mean to Toby
    10. Anytime Andy sings
    We were sloshed! There are so many other ones we could have done too. Like anytime Michael and Darryl talk about black culture. Or anytime Dwight mentions beets. Or anytime Assistant TO the Regional Manager is said. Ahhh so many golden opportunities there.

Thanks for the rec on the Jojo Moyes book! I added it to my Goodreads wish list.

Also, this weekend I learned that the Hamilton soundtrack is on Spotify. I feel like such a dumbass for not checking there. I started listening to it today and thought of you and @GoldenPenguin. It's so good! And also SO long!

Lastly, hanging out with 8 and 11 year old boys all weekend sounds awful. That is the best birth control out there. :( But it sounds like they thought you were pretty cool if they were trying to make you laugh all weekend, even if it was gross and annoying after a while.

• @eilis1228 - Wow, yea, you definitely set up those rules to get pretty hammered. I feel like especially 5, 9, and 10 because they are constant. Speaking of #9, Toby's going away party is simultaneously the saddest and most hilarious thing. You should just watch that episode and be consistently chugging beers until it's over, lol. Or until you pass out.

Let me know what you think of Hamilton as you continue to listen to it! I seriously can't stop. I know @GoldenPenguin and I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to get some group convos going. ;)

• @AlPacina The shower I went to was not one of those fundraising things. It was called a jack and jill because both men and women were invited. It technically wasn't called anything, just the invite was addressed to both BF and myself. If it were one of those things, I would have declined. I think people who have those fundraiser things try to call it "cute" names like "Jack and Jill" or "Stag and Doe" to get people to not think it's as tacky, which is wrong. 

At any rate, there was plenty of food (the bride and groom got to take a ton home), and her parents hosted it to the fullest. There was a whole table with alcohol, along with a full open bar. 
    friends tv show funy
  • labrolabro member
    @LizzTish88 Huh, I guess I've always called it a co/ed or couples shower. Jack and Jill to me always equaled those fundraising things.

• @labro Honestly I never heard of those fundraising party things until I came to TK. It's not something that is common in my area, at least that I know of. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro Honestly I never heard of those fundraising party things until I came to TK. It's not something that is common in my area, at least that I know of. 
    Same here. I've known lots of people who have had Jack & Jill wedding/baby/etc. showers, and it's just because both men & women were invited. I had never ever heard of a fundraising "shower" until TK. 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards