Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Separate Thank Yous?

Hi!

My surprise bridal shower was held just under two weeks before the wedding.  Our wedding was last weekend.  I never got to send separate bridal shower thank you cards because of then traveling for work and getting caught up with wedding week prep and was wondering if I could mention the shower gifts in the thank you cards I'm sending out?  I have a couple of guests who gave a gift at the shower and at the wedding and wasn't sure I needed to have two different thank you cards or could it all be mentioned in my handwritten note cards.

Also, if a wedding guest attended but did not give a gift, it is still proper to send a thank you for attending the wedding, right? My MIL keeps advising me not to send a thank you card to guests who didn't send or give a gift and didn't come to the reception.  We had several guests who only attended the ceremony and didn't indicate that they weren't attending the reception. 

Re: Separate Thank Yous?

• Options
    I think since the shower was a surprise and so close to your wedding you are ok to thank them for the shower and wedding gifts in the same note. Make sure you mention both gifts in the note, though. No, you do not send thank you to guests that did not give you a wedding gift. The reception is their thank you. You should've talked to everyone at the reception and personally thanked them for coming (not saying you didn't) so that is sufficient. If you send them a note it could be looked upon as being gift grabby.
  • Options
    Just thank them all in the same card since both events have passed. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Personally, I'm in the camp of sending two cards. I love hand written thank you notes and feel like the extra note would be a welcome thought. If you end up combining the two thank you notes into one, make sure it is a good, long note.
  • Options
    I would combine them in one note, but be sure you graciously thank the giver for each gift they gave you and not say "thank you for your gifts."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards