Connecticut
Options

BE CAREFUL! Avoid Baribault Jewelers!!

Just want to warn you all so you don't end up INCREDIBLY stressed at the LAST second by this unethical, immoral, and dishonest jewelry store!  My fiance' and I were comparison shopping for the best price on her Tacori wedding band and called Baribault.  Christine, the owner's daughter, was all sweet and nice on the phone and email while secretly trying to simply find out who else we were talking to and who was undercutting their prices so they could report that other jeweler to Tacori who, unbeknownst to us, does not allow discounting on their products, so Baribault could thereby eliminate a competitor.  All along promising, IN WRITING, to match the price of any other Tacori authorized dealer, along with a "bonus gift" of an iPad mini if a Tacori item was purchased from them, as SOON as they had the information of who the other jeweler was, they cut off all contact and refused to honor their price matching commitment, all the while knowing that Tacori would refuse to honor our purchase from the OTHER jeweler we had been talking to at the reduced price they had quoted.  Baribault not only cost us an EXTRA $600 we could REALLY have used for our wedding by now having to purchase the ring from another jeweler at full retail, but Baribault Jewlers has also put us PRECARIOUSLY close to our wedding day before the ring will arrive.  I complained to the owner, Christine's father, but have heard nothing back.  Unless you like dealing with dishonest people who will lie to your face as long as they think it will make them an extra dollar, no matter no matter how negatively it affects YOU, I would find another jeweler.  I have filed complaints with the BBB and am considering legal avenues for their breech of written contract via email.  Just BE CAREFUL, they are VERY dishonest people and some of you may not have thousands extra available on a credit card to fix someone's deliberate actions like this!  Good luck and happy lives to all of you!  :)

Re: BE CAREFUL! Avoid Baribault Jewelers!!

• Options
    when i call vendors up and stuff i am very vage about what i tell them in terms of who else i saw. most of the time i say well i have checked out people on the web and gotten price lists and package infos and have not made any commitments to meeting with any of them because they are not within my budget. if a place wants to know where you looked for your ring and what other places i would say i went web surfing its none of any ones business who you saw, thanks for the tip we got our rings at beldens i would have prefered a mom and pop place but beldens had the only ring i really wanted 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_be-careful-avoid-baribault-jewelers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:bc434985-2f79-413a-8606-37396118472bPost:0b58c5b3-9c83-409c-8c0e-c7e7de69753d">BE CAREFUL! Avoid Baribault Jewelers!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just want to warn you all so you don't end up INCREDIBLY stressed at the LAST second by this unethical, immoral, and dishonest jewelry store!  My fiance' and I were comparison shopping for the best price on her Tacori wedding band and called Baribault.  Christine, the owner's daughter, was all sweet and nice on the phone and email while secretly trying to simply find out who else we were talking to and who was undercutting their prices <strong>so they could report that other jeweler to Tacori who, unbeknownst to us, does not allow discounting on their products, so Baribault could thereby eliminate a competitor.</strong>  All along promising, IN WRITING, to match the price of any other Tacori authorized dealer, along with a "bonus gift" of an iPad mini if a Tacori item was purchased from them, as SOON as they had the information of who the other jeweler was, they cut off all contact and refused to honor their price matching commitment, all the while knowing that Tacori would refuse to honor our purchase from the OTHER jeweler we had been talking to at the reduced price they had quoted.  <strong>Baribault not only cost us an EXTRA $600 we could REALLY have used for our wedding by now having to purchase the ring from another jeweler at full retail, but Baribault Jewlers has also put us PRECARIOUSLY close to our wedding day before the ring will arrive.</strong>  I complained to the owner, Christine's father, but have heard nothing back.  Unless you like dealing with dishonest people who will lie to your face as long as they think it will make them an extra dollar, no matter no matter how negatively it affects YOU, I would find another jeweler.  I have filed complaints with the BBB and am considering legal avenues for their breech of written contract via email.  Just BE CAREFUL, they are VERY dishonest people and some of you may not have thousands extra available on a credit card to fix someone's deliberate actions like this!  Good luck and happy lives to all of you!  :)
    Posted by Flynn737[/QUOTE]

<div>So I just want to say that what happened to you totally SUCKS.  If Baribault promised you something, you should ABSOLUTELY receive it.</div><div>
    </div><div>However, I disagree with the bolded statements.  If Tacori sets the prices of their jewelry, and does not allow retailers to discount, then really the cheaper retailer is in the wrong and Baribault was right to report them.  I've worked in businesses where those arrangements are fairly common.  Retailers have to agree to sell at a set price in order to get the line.  If I owned a jewelry store and found out a competitor was breaking pricing contracts, you bet I'd report them, too.  If you don't want to pay full price for Tacori, then either look on eBay, complain to Tacori about their pricing, or don't buy Tacori to begin with, but it's silly to want such an expensive name brand ring and then take issue with the cost.  That's like wanting a brand new Mercedes but complaining that it's an expensive car.  It is what it is, and you can't cheap out on Tacori.</div><div>
    </div><div>Don't misunderstand, I think Baribault treated you like crap and reporting them to the BBB was the right thing to do, as was coming on here to tell your story.  I'm sorry you went through such an awful experience.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_be-careful-avoid-baribault-jewelers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:bc434985-2f79-413a-8606-37396118472bPost:b28f4efe-e0f8-4c77-bb0e-8c3dfeecbaf6">Re: BE CAREFUL! Avoid Baribault Jewelers!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BE CAREFUL! Avoid Baribault Jewelers!! : So I just want to say that what happened to you totally SUCKS.  If Baribault promised you something, you should ABSOLUTELY receive it. However, I disagree with the bolded statements.  If Tacori sets the prices of their jewelry, and does not allow retailers to discount, then really the cheaper retailer is in the wrong and Baribault was right to report them.  I've worked in businesses where those arrangements are fairly common.  Retailers have to agree to sell at a set price in order to get the line.  If I owned a jewelry store and found out a competitor was breaking pricing contracts, you bet I'd report them, too.  If you don't want to pay full price for Tacori, then either look on eBay, complain to Tacori about their pricing, or don't buy Tacori to begin with, but it's silly to want such an expensive name brand ring and then take issue with the cost.  That's like wanting a brand new Mercedes but complaining that it's an expensive car.  It is what it is, and you can't cheap out on Tacori. Don't misunderstand, I think Baribault treated you like crap and reporting them to the BBB was the right thing to do, as was coming on here to tell your story.  I'm sorry you went through such an awful experience.
    Posted by Jessie42613[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this.    Some items just have a 'no haggle no discount' deal with their vendors.  

If I sold mattresses and found out that someone was haggling over Tempurpedic ( a fixed price brand) I'd also report the other business for their unfair business practices.    However getting the consumer stuck in the middle was not appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards