Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Party Entrance

So recently I began looking into some ideas for the bridal party entrance at the reception. I have always been to weddings where the bridal party was introduced with the same song for everyone. I recently heard of an alternative where each member of the bridal party had picked their own individual song for their entrance. Has anyone done this before or have any video links to bridal parties doing this? I found some on youtube but they weren't the greatest. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Party Entrance

• I'll be honest...it sounds like a logistical nightmare. I actually like bridal party entrances, I think they're a nice way to get things started, but just pick 1 song and enter to it. All I can think when I hear "everyone picks their own song" is the songs getting mixed up, the people going out of order, someone getting skipped, etc.

• edited June 2016
    Ive seen so many people mentioning on the forums that they hate the entrance part. My entire party luckily is interested & excited for that entrance part. When ive been in them as part of the bridal party ive personally loved it as well. I look at it as a good way to set the momentum for the night =)
  • In my circle, everybody does the BP entrance into the reception. I've never seen one done with different songs for each person. I think it's a little much. It doesn't take long for each group to be introduced and then walk to where they're going to be standing. I don't think it will flow well. 
  • I see a BP entrance at nearly every wedding I attend but please make it fast!  A song for each couple is WAY OVERKILL. 
  • This reminds me of UFC where each fighter gets their own intro song meant to pump them up for the coming fight. They don't play the whole thing, just long enough for them to enter the arena, walk to the ring, and have the ref check them over. I don't really want anything at my wedding that smacks of brutal fighting and blood. 
  • wmam35wmam35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    I would just do one song for everyone.  I can imagine your DJ might not even want to do it because it could be a nightmare to get together and probably not worth their time.  Are you doing parent intros too?  In my circle parents are introduced before the bridal party, so at our wedding we had one song for our parents, one song for the bridal party, and one song for us.  Maybe you could do that if you really want to do different songs.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Every wedding I've attended has a BP entrance- right after the parents and before the couple.  My patience for it correlates with how large the bridal party is (and how much I've had to drink at cocktail hour).  Never a fan of chereographed dances coming in, although a GM twirling a BM or something spontaneous is fine.  I feel one song for everyone is sufficient.
  • Ive seen so many people mentioning on the forums that they hate the entrance part. My entire party luckily is interested & excited for that entrance part. When ive been in them as part of the bridal party ive personally loved it as well. I look at it as a good way to set the momentum for the night =)
    They may not be being entirely honest with you. If you've brought it up and have acted excited about it, they may be playing along so as not to hurt your feelings, when really they are cringing inside.
    Yup. I had to do this for a wedding and I hated it. But the bride and groom were excited, and I didn't want to be the Debbie Downer of the group. It was awful. We were expected to come up with a funny dance with our partner and dance our way into the reception. Just awful. Don't do this to your WP. Just let them walk in to one song.  

• MandyPandy87MandyPandy87 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2016
    I've been in a number of weddings where the bride a groom picked out (not the BP!) a song for each couple, but the entrance really only lasted 10-15 seconds each and honestly we loved it. Not saying it's for everyone though, and every time the bride and groom had DJs who were used to doing this so they were able to play the clips at the perfect points in the songs and transition really well.

I think this might be something you want to discuss with your DJ, if they don't seem comfortable doing 7 or 8 clips of different songs it's going to be messy. 

ETF: Clarity...mondays 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Most weddings I attend have a bridal party entrance/intro and use the same song. One wedding had a different song for each bridal party couple (groomsman + bridesmaid) and there were 8 on each side, so 8 different songs, plus a song for the parents of the groom, parents of the bride, and then of course the bride and groom. No one needs 11 snippets of various songs for this introduction. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Agree with PPs,one song for all the intros!
  • As a BM like 10 times over, I hate the intros during the entrance where the BM's and GMs are paired off and have to do a dance together, blah blah.

As a guest 20 times over, I hate the intros during the entrance where the BM's and GMs are paired off and have to do a dance together, blah blah.  No offense, but if you had a program at the ceremony, then I already kinda know who your WP members are.

If you're going to do a grand entrance, just have everyone come in together to a single song.  Your WP can proceed you as a group, no need for announcing who they are in pairs, and then the emcee can introduce you and your new husband by name, then BAM you guys walk in, do a little dance, whatever, and the party can begin!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• AddieCake said:
    Not a fan of it at all, but even less a fan of each person having his or her own song. A few seconds of a song....and STOP!  A few seconds of a song....and STOP. A few seconds of a song....and STOP!   Ugh. No, thanks. 
    Yes.  It reminds me of musical chairs. 
  • I personally enjoy bridal party entrances, and we had one. We just did one song, though, including the song we walked into. I went to a wedding in which there was a different song for each BM/GM who walked down the aisle, and just thought it seemed choppy. I think one fun song is the way to go.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm not getting why WP intros are necessary at all. But if they are, please just have one song for everyone ... and please, please, please don't ask them to dance their way in. I always cringe when I see this.
  • This reminds me of UFC where each fighter gets their own intro song meant to pump them up for the coming fight. They don't play the whole thing, just long enough for them to enter the arena, walk to the ring, and have the ref check them over. I don't really want anything at my wedding that smacks of brutal fighting and blood. 
    Baseball. Every guy gets 10 seconds of song while he walks up to bat :)

Just do one song for the entire bridal party for everyone's sanity. 

Ah. The FI hasn't forced me to watch baseball yet. He has forced me to watch UFC and Wrestlemania and they do it there too. BTW- I'm using forced very loosely here.

There are some hardcore fans that seem to be there every time we attend our local minor league team's games. They have specific chants/cheers/signs for individual players. I am now imagining that at a wedding, lol!
  • I've been a bridesmaid many times and had to choose my own song for one of the weddings I was in. Not only was it humiliating for me who hates being the center of attention and had no clue what to pick, but I felt bad for the guests who had to sit through 10 different selections that really didn't go well together.

If you are set on doing an intro (I get that some people love them ...) I would choose one song. A good DJ should be able to mix a song so that it is just beats or the tune of the song (the group enters as announced) and then the chorus for the bride and groom.

My favourite entrance (if I have to like an entrance that I was part of) had the bridal party at their tables. When it came time for the entrance, the bridal party stood up from their tables as they were announced and stayed standing, the DJ then invited the rest of the guests to stand and then the bride and groom entered. It was some sort of disco tune that had a decent beat so people clapped and I didn't feel as exposed as I have with walking into an intro.

• Once the ceremony is over, the bridal party members simply become guests. There's no need for them to enter the reception location in any unique manner, unless they're walking straight from the ceremony venue.

The tradition of announcing their names as they enter never fails to prompt applause for each one, raising the question of what exactly the other guests are applauding. A fine job standing around the altar?

In truth, no one really cares who your bridesmaids and groomsmen are. Most of your guests have never met them and will never see them again. If they happen to be curious, it makes a great opportunity for conversation during the reception: "Oh, I'm the bride's Aunt Mary, you look lovely, what's your name and how did you meet the bride?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards