Military Brides

Marriage License Application/Notarization With Distance?

In the county my Airman fiancé and I are getting married in, we either have to apply together in person or fill out the application online, print out the preview, and have it notarized and send it in to the county's office. Specifically, it says, "You must both sign the application in front of a Notary Public." How do we get notarization of our application if we're states apart? Can we get separate notarizations of our applications and send them in?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Marriage License Application/Notarization With Distance?

• Do you each fill out a separate application, or is it a joint application?  Will the two of you be together at any point before the wedding?  I would suggest calling the clerk's office and asking the question. I've honestly never heard of not being required to both be there in person to apply for a license, so this is foreign to me.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • It looks like a joint application. The only time we'll be together before the wedding is when he's on leave about 6 months before the wedding, but the license needs to be used within 60 days of receiving it and there's a 3 day wait period. :-/
  • In the county my Airman fiancé and I are getting married in, we either have to apply together in person or fill out the application online, print out the preview, and have it notarized and send it in to the county's office. Specifically, it says, "You must both sign the application in front of a Notary Public." How do we get notarization of our application if we're states apart? Can we get separate notarizations of our applications and send them in?

Anyone have any experience with this?
    I'd call the county office and ask. 
  • It looks like a joint application. The only time we'll be together before the wedding is when he's on leave about 6 months before the wedding, but the license needs to be used within 60 days of receiving it and there's a 3 day wait period. :-/
    Call the office and ask the question. Explain your situation. Are you going to be in the county before the wedding in enough time to apply for it right before?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MANY counties will waive waiting periods for military couples.  Ask them if this is possible.  My DD lives in Indiana, got married in Michigan and the clerk was happy to do this for  her and her active duty husband.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards