Wedding Woes

Tuesday Boozeday!

Okay, probably not.  Maybe a glass of wine once the kids are in bed and the wrapping paper debris is cleared away, though I should probably use that time to work out instead.  But wine >>> workout.

Wooz is 7.  Loves the doll.  Seven years ago at this very moment, I was almost ready to push.  (Or so they say--with the epidural, I couldn't feel anything.)

What's goin' on, WW?

Re: Tuesday Boozeday!

• Happy Tuesday! And happy birthday, Wooz!

H always knows the forecast and this morning before we left for work, I asked him if it was supposed to rain today. He said it wasn't, so I watered the hydrangeas. It's raining cats and dogs now.

I will be checking the forecast on my own from now on, thankyouverymuch!

Somewhat busy day at work today, and I have to stop at the dry cleaner and the store on my way home tonight. We had an OOT wedding this past weekend and have another one this coming weekend, and I have no food for dinner tonight.
  • Happy Birthday to Wooz! 

I slept in later than I planned to, so I'm just piddling around until it's time for my hair appointment. It's supposed to rain, so this afternoon I'm just going to finish organizing the office, which I started yesterday. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Happy Birthday Wooz! 

Were back lack to more home projects, I'm almost done painting the first floor. We're also buying some new living room furniture today!
  • Happy Birthday Wooz!

Work, work, work. This is the last week of people being in my warehouse. Next week I will get to be in air conditioning, then I will get my nice quiet warehouse back.

Riding last night almost killed me. Idk if it is just fatigue or heat or what but I haven't been that winded in a long time.

Looking forward to an eveing to do nothing tonight. 

The faster these next 2 weeks go by the better.
  • All of you show offs with your fancy rain. My front lawn looks like a hay field. And it's not even supposed to rain once this entire week. 

I too too slept in but damnit I deserved it. I slept like crap two nights ago and came home from work exhausted. Now I'm going to work from home unless something comes up. That's all I have. 

Happt birthday Wooz. 

• Happy Birthday Woozle!

Working and then heading home to get things in order so we can travel to visit friends this weekend.  Mounds of laundry await.

The weather this week is wonderful!  Low humidity and highs in the upper 70s.  I'd like it like this 10 months out of the year.  A long fall, a few days of snow for Christmas, early spring and then like this for the rest of the year - perfect!
  • Happy birthday to the Wooz.

I have an assignment to finish that is just grinding at this point.  I want it off my desk, so damn badly.  Beyond that, I have nothing.  SSDD.
  • Happy bday Wooz!

I'm unexpectedly in the office today because our VPN is down.  I had to come in yesterday too.  

We're going to a baseball game tonight with my family.  I'm off tomorrow.  Hopefully this network drama will be fixed.  I don't want to get dressed every day. 
  • All of you show offs with your fancy rain. My front lawn looks like a hay field. And it's not even supposed to rain once this entire week. 

I too too slept in but damnit I deserved it. I slept like crap two nights ago and came home from work exhausted. Now I'm going to work from home unless something comes up. That's all I have. 

Happt birthday Wooz. 

Yup, mine too. It's cloudy this morning and H was hoping it would rain. Nope forecast just says cloudy and hot, and three more days of sun. 
  • HBD Wooz!

I'm WFH now, but headed into the office after my morning meetings - not sure why I'm bothering, but figure it's good to give the appearance of being there. I've been in telecons for the last 3 hours. Hooray. (On the current call, one of the Dutch guys is making fun of the Brexit, so that's been entertaining.)

We used DK's Father's Day smoker last weekend, and it was fantastic. We smoked some steaks, chicken, bratwurst, potatoes, and veggies. We want to do some baby back ribs and a duck, next. I have a feeling that thing will be getting a ton of use.
  • Happy birthday, Wooz!

I drank too much last night. I'm paying for it today. The struggle is real.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• edited June 2016
    Happy birthday Wooz!   :)

So far so good at work. Since it's cooled off here, I'll at least take the mutt on a nice long walk when I get home. I might take him to the dog park, but FW's veterans' group is tonight, and I prefer to have her as backup for any trips with the mutt. So tonight is probably going to be hanging out with the housemate and the cats, catching up on laundry, and gathering more addresses for the guest list (we have about half).

ETA: We could use some of that rain too!
  • So... tonight FI is going to a Tigers Game and I volunteered to put together the "Getting to know me" powerpoint for his classroom in China.  I'm really tempted to include a silly tidbit or photo.  Nothing harmful of course, something to throw him off and make him laugh for a second.  I was thinking maybe a picture of my dream dog in the pets section with the caption "coming next" or a childhood photo.

That's totally harmless, right?

• So... tonight FI is going to a Tigers Game and I volunteered to put together the "Getting to know me" powerpoint for his classroom in China.  I'm really tempted to include a silly tidbit or photo.  Nothing harmful of course, something to throw him off and make him laugh for a second.  I was thinking maybe a picture of my dream dog in the pets section with the caption "coming next" or a childhood photo.

That's totally harmless, right?

That's adorable!
  • So tonight I made a "let's see what's in the cupboard and if it works together" meal, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Two boxes of potatoes au gratin, two cans of tuna, three cans of cream of mushroom soup, a package of peas and carrots: voilà, tuna potato casserole. 

Our housemate is the brilliant cook, but FW and I are mistresses of the thrown-together school of food preparation.
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016

Happy Birthday Wooz!

Today I had my photo shoot for new demo pics - I learned - just do my hair and makeup myself (since I'm used to doing stage hair/makeup)...  We got to the site I rented for the pictures (a nearby historical theater) and it was hotter than hot and SO humid - my hair made it about 20 seconds before going limp and my makeup was literally melting off my face (looked like an Alice Cooper lookalike).  I had paid to have my hair/makeup professionally done today and it was a waste of A LOT of money!  The photographer and I sat there trying to decide if I should send the photographer to the store to get a curling iron to try to salvage my hair, we ended up not, but probably should have.  I did what I could with it, but it was hopeless.  We did manage to get a few pictures I'll be able to use which is a good thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards