Wedding Woes

Thursday!

The worst place to get a mosquito bite is on your hand.  Especially when you type all day. 

I have packed two things for our camping trip this weekend.  It's also going to be a little chilly and it's supposed to rain Sunday night.  DH just ran to the store to get waterproofing stuff for the tent. Plus it's supposed to rain for the next week after this weekend, so my deck is never getting stained. 

I'm back working from home today.  Hopefully this means things will be calmer than they have been the last two days...and DefConn won't be up anything nefarious. 

YAY Prudie day. 

Re: Thursday!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2016
    I did a bunch of online shopping last night- rain coat, boots, and a knit cap for me, 9 pieces of clothing for the kids, a backpack for m2, tennis shoes for Max. My out of pocket was $55. 

Eta: we're going to the il's today. I've trying not to be annoyed. There's also some serious carnage in our backyard. It looks like the coyote got a bunny and just left fur scattered everywhere. 
  • For some reason going to work and hour early and leaving early was an option, so that is what I did. 

Looking forward to riding tonight. Last night's premarital counseling went well. We covered extramarital affairs, where we draw the line for cheating, and other boundaries. It went better than I expected. For some reason, the way FH suggested it be our next topic at the session before, I was nervous there was going to be some bomb dropped. There wasn't.

Looking forward to the weekend. It will be nice to get away, even if we don't really get to enjoy the fourth since we will driving back home during prime firework time.
  • Random FB anecdote:  I'm friends with my former neighbor and her son on FB.  Her son is in the army and stationed in Germany.   He used to babysit the kiddo a frillion years ago for summer break. 

We used to hang out with them a lot, but she was kind of dramatic and weirdly territorial (didn't like us to hang out with other neighbors w/o them and she told me she didn't want me to get pregnant because I'd be 'boring'.) Once I got pregnant, we pretty much quit each other. There was some drama over a certain situation and we never were good friends again.  She and I will occasionally like/comment on each other's stuff, but not often.

However, they have always seemed like a fairly tight knit family.  Their boys (they have 3) seem to like their parents and spending time with them. 

The son apparently got married on Monday (?).  His now-wife is German.  They got married in Denmark.  He and his wife are all up on FB changing their status and posting wedding pics (it was just the two of them and she had a very simple dress, but looked STUNNING.)

His mom has not said a *word*.  It obviously seems like they semi-eloped (I did some light stalking and she posted earlier in June about them getting married in 17 days or whatever).  I am dying to know the drama, but I would never ask.  

I just have to file it under 'things that make you go hmm...' 

(Also, I had to have a moment of, "He's still just a kid!  What's he doing getting married?!' Only to realize that he's like 22 or 23 (still young, but not like 18 young).  Damn kids grow up too fast.)
  • Where are the shorts from @mrs.conn23? I have the hardest time finding ones I like. 

I was up half the night with what is either a sinus infection or terrible tooth pain. My face is swollen and I feel terrible. And my sister and her H are coming to visit tomorrow. 
  • I found them at a boutique near my house.  I'll go find them in a minute and let you know the brand. 
  • And I'm post-whoring, but this is my post so deal with it. 

BUT, I found the unicorn of jean shorts yesterday...Stretchy, but not loose.  The waistband fits great.  I've been on the hunt for these shorts for 2 years.  And they were only $30.   I also bought a tank that says, "But first, wine".  ;) 
    Better buy several pairs!
  • @charlotte989875  (and everyone else who cares), the brand is Eunina.  It looks like they are on Amazon, at Nordstrom, and seem to sell to boutique type places too.  :) 

• Just came from the dentist b/c I had to have 2 fillings. Now my whole face is numb, including my nose. But it went fine. 

Congrats on the shorts, Mrs. Conn! I wish I could find some jean shorts that fit me!  Or any shorts, really. I can never find any that look good; they always look like they are cutting me off. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Next week was supposed to be my last week of training here on-site.  I was supposed to go back to my actual office and be there through August. Considering DH and I have now spent half of our married lives living in different states, we were both excited. Granted, it's only been 8 weeks since we got married, but we're looking at most of the rest of the year apart, too. 

As of 930 this morning, it sounds an awful lot like I'm going to be here at least another 3 weeks. 

I'm done.  I miss my husband, and my dogs, and my home. I'm whining, I know, but damnit I miss my family.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• BOO @AtomicBlonde.  That sucks.
  • The worst place to get a mosquito bite is on your hand.  Especially when you type all day.
    YES.  One bit me between my middle and ring finger last week and it was so annoying.

My mom's PET scan is today, so vibes for cancer staying put.  Tomorrow she finds out if her tumor is hormone sensitive, HER2 positive or negative, etc.  Next week she and I are meeting with her oncologist, and then she's getting a second opinion at our local cancer institute because they are pretty well-regarded

Wooz should be on coasters now, screaming her little heart out.  :)

Poor DS was having a rough morning.  Didn't want to get up, and then he was super grumpy.  Wanted to take his hedgehog to school for naptime, until we pulled into the parking lot.  Then he decided it was Daniel Tiger or nothing.  I had to tell him sorry, no, not driving all the way back home again.  He was so mad that he threw the hedgehog, and then he was mad that the hedgehog was on the sidewalk.  "It's dirty!"  #TerribleTwos
  • Heffalump said:
    Poor DS was having a rough morning.  Didn't want to get up, and then he was super grumpy.  Wanted to take his hedgehog to school for naptime, until we pulled into the parking lot.  Then he decided it was Daniel Tiger or nothing.  I had to tell him sorry, no, not driving all the way back home again.  He was so mad that he threw the hedgehog, and then he was mad that the hedgehog was on the sidewalk.  "It's dirty!"  #TerribleTwos
    I was slightly horrified until I realized that this wasn't an actual hedgehog. #needmorecaffeine
  • Fingers crossed Heff!

@Atomicblonde, that sucks, I'm sorry.  Is a long weekend at home at option?

FI's gone.  I cried like I was at a funeral, which I know is a melodramatic response, but I'm a crier.  I'm better now, minus that I'm missing half of my eye make up and my eyes are puffy.  My plan was to go home and get my stuff together before my PA roadtrip tomorrow (spending the night at my BFF's tonight) but I didn't want to (sorry cats) so I packed up with him and came straight to the office.

With that said, I'm soooo freaking excited for him!  In 16 hours ish he'll be Beijing!  In 9 days he'll be walking the Great Wall.  He can say he taught in China!  That is truly bad ass and worth being apart for 24 days!

• My office is closed tomorrow so it's my Friday.

Tomorrow I'm going to Guns N Roses with a group of girls. We're really excited.

Then Saturday we're going to my sister's lake house for the trailer park Olympics, which should be a total blast. I'm looking forward to it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We've been here 2 hrs and I'm going batty. She keeps trying to over parent me. She's rationing the $1 bubbles and spent lunch trying to track weight watchers. 
  • 6fsn said:
    We've been here 2 hrs and I'm going batty. She keeps trying to over parent me. She's rationing the $1 bubbles and spent lunch trying to track weight watchers. 
    Every time she says something about parenting take a shot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards