Chit Chat

EPIC read on a shit show Vegas wedding

2»

Re: EPIC read on a shit show Vegas wedding

• Don't buy a word of it, but "He wanted to turn a hoe into a housewife" really cracked me up
    Me too. It was definitely entertaining and about as well written as one would expect on a message board. I spent a lot of time trying to picture the wedding onesie. 
  • Also, she used a taser on a rando at the club...
    I should probably be ashamed it took me until that point but that's when I was finally like "Nope, this is definitely made up."

It's also interesting to me no one questions her story in the comments... if that was posted on here people would be all over it. 
    I was surprised too! I read through the comments and maybe three posters questioned it out of 30-40 or more. I can't believe none of their BS meters were going off. 
  • My favorite part was the "Why am I good enough to fuck but not marry" part considering her wedding was the next day. 
  • If it's legit, holy shit!

I'm thinking same as rest, no way this is legit. Plot holes.
  • Nothing has ever not happened as much as that didn't happen. That just reads like someone was given a writing prompt and decided to try out their creative writing skills on WB. Or it's one of those "ugh I don't want to be here, but could you imagine if it was even crazier rather than just shitty?"

Despite trying to sound like the hero of the story OP just sounds like a giant doormat, if any of that actually did happen.
  • edited July 2016
    OP just came back to the wedding day thread and updated with more information, and she touched on one of my absolute least favorite traits in people- humble-bragging about willingness to do anything for a friend when that loyalty is so clearly not only not warranted, but not healthy for any party involved.

You want to excuse your willingness to put up with endless dramatic and dysfunctional behavior with "I guess I was just raised to value my friendships"? Get the heck out of here with that. The best thing OP could have done for her dear groom-friend of 20 years was have a heart-to-heart and say "your fiancé is unbearable and treats me and H like crap. I don't think she's good for you and I can't support this relationship. I'm sorry if this means we'll see less of you but we're alway here if you need to talk."

ETA: And who the eff are all these posters responding with "OMG you are such a saint, you're the best person ever for dealing with all that!" No, you sound like a doormat at best or someone who is legitimately addicted to drama at worst.
  • The taser part is also where I checked out lol.

Ugh the thought of melting plastic hair extensions into my hair made my skin crawl though.

• How much she embellished or made up I couldn't tell you.  However, it did make for an awesome work diversion this morning.
  • I'm glad this was posted! While this clusterfuck of a story may have some basis in a real situation, there's just no way. But it was a nice comic relief to the fact that our dog chewed through our wedding invitations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2016
    We should option the film rights now. 

ETA: I just sent the links to FW, and she's alternately laughing her ass off and saying, "Oh s*** and, "What the f***?"
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    "Jesus, be a fence around my temper."
    I don't even pray to Jesus, but I"m now using this forever. 

I also have a hard time believing a lot of it. I mean, she SLAPPED the bride? 
    Also not original.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-MYgeCnbg

• YogaSandyYogaSandy member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    The food poisoning from the grapes cleared up quickly.  They must have the constitutions of goats.  And Betty never showed up again.
    Right?  How many dirty grapes do you think it takes to get food poisoning from them?
    See, I read the "dirty grapes" as an allusion (because I don't believe it either) to A Streetcar Named Desire. Blanche (the very "trashy" girl trying to seem more high society than she is) was worried that eating dirty grapes would kill her. 

ETF typo
  • YogaSandy said:
    The food poisoning from the grapes cleared up quickly.  They must have the constitutions of goats.  And Betty never showed up again.
    Right?  How many dirty grapes do you think it takes to get food poisoning from them?
    See, I read the "dirty grapes" as an allusion (because I don't believe it either) to A Streetcar Namef Desire. Blanche (the very "trashy" girl trying to seem more high society than she is) was worried that eating dirty grapes would kill her. 
    I KNEW it sounded familiar, especially with all the other old-time movie/Hollywood references, but I couldn't put my finger on why a bell was ringing in my head.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    In the comments someone asked for photos, any photos. She didn't want to expose the bride's identity -_- I mean you can use a blur tool or anything, it's definitely BS

Edit: wait a minute, there is a photo on the 5th page of part 2. Maybe it is real but extremely exaggerated?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    Of course the whole thing is total bullshit, but she certainly tells a good story, I'll give her that.

I also agree with @themosthappy91 there is nothing "noble" and "saintly" about being a doormat and a martyr and a drama junky.  You (general you) want to surround yourself with trainwrecks so you can feel better about yourself?  Hey, it's your life, go right ahead.  But don't think for one fucking second it makes you better than those of those of us who don't put up with that bullshit.  It makes you pathetic. 

• The best is a comment on Pt 1
    "Stuff like this can’t even be made up…omg!!

Yes.  Yes, it can.

• IF you guys go back to the thread she gives some good updates, but more than that she shows an actual picture! One she took in the dressing room on her camera phone so the bride could see how the bow looked!

I do believe her story after the updates
  • IF you guys go back to the thread she gives some good updates, but more than that she shows an actual picture! One she took in the dressing room on her camera phone so the bride could see how the bow looked!

I do believe her story after the updates
    Oh I have no doubt this is based in fact, but I don't believe her story happened as she says.

• Does anyone use the term 'drama llama' these days. This is a story about two drama llamas feeding off each other.

• They're on to us, too- they know we're talking about that thread over here, lol.  It caused a little ruckus, apparently.  
  • Just read the updates about us.  Apparently TK is strictly here to make fun of others on the internets.  

• Hi Bees,
    No one making fun of you here. Just reading some epicness and sharing how we can't believe the story is real. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

If it's not, it was an enjoyable read while sipping coffee to start a long workweek. If it is, I feel sorry for the OP and the couple, and thank Jesus I don't know people who would ever behave this way. 

Carry on...

• Just read the updates about us.  Apparently TK is strictly here to make fun of others on the internets.  
    I thought they weren't even allowed to mention the names/refer to other wedding boards per the TOS?

Either way, if they read through all of this and thought they were being made fun of, they need to work on their reading comprehension.  I'm not an English teacher so I can't help with that.
    Actually Circle of Snark is for that...
    I thought they weren't even allowed to mention the names/refer to other wedding boards per the TOS?

Either way, if they read through all of this and thought they were being made fun of, they need to work on their reading comprehension.  I'm not an English teacher so I can't help with that.
    They said something to the effect of "that other site we can't mention."  It made me giggle because I immediately thought OMG LORD VOLDEMORT WHAAAAAT? But anyway.  Enough "clues" as to which site they were talking about were dropped that I don't think sarcasm and/or irony are understood well.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @kimmiinthemitten - they didn't mention us by name just referred to "the other wedding sites"

@thespeshulestsnowflake - I am not aware of that site.  Perhaps they are confused as to who they are referring to.  It was two separate posters.

• Circle of Snark also has a thread going about this mess. And there is an unofficial rule about mentioning Circle of Snark on the WeddingBee. Posts will get moderated/edited if it is mentioned there.
  • I don't know how much of the story was real, but I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy reading it.

At the same time, I'm thinking, "this is not a valid marriage... this would probably be annulled pretty easily"

And I agree with others that I wouldn't support this.  That's not being a "loving, supportive friend."  A loving and supportive friend would say, "Sorry, Bride, I can't watch you marry a man who you don't really care about, but just want to be closer to his brother who you used to screw," and a loving and supportive friend would say, "Sorry, Groom, you're making a huge mistake and I can't watch you debase yourself in this drunken, sham wedding."

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards