Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Sephora Makeover

Hi Everyone!

I am doing the mini makeover at Sephora to help find products for my wedding day makeup. I'm not testing out my wedding look per say, just trying to find products that will photograph and hold up well the day of. The mini makeover requires a $50 purchase but my question is...has anyone ever done this before and if so, did you tip the make up artist?

Thanks!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Sephora Makeover

• Hi Everyone!

I am doing the mini makeover at Sephora to help find products for my wedding day makeup. I'm not testing out my wedding look per say, just trying to find products that will photograph and hold up well the day of. The mini makeover requires a $50 purchase but my question is...has anyone ever done this before and if so, did you tip the make up artist?

Thanks!

I did one when I was trying to find a good primer/foundation pair and the MUA told me she couldn't accept tips.

Have fun!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have also done this. No I did not tip.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I first went in, but it seems pretty clear they are employees and their sales come from their products. I wonder if they get a commission based on the products you buy.

I ended up spending way more than the $50, but I got a mascara, lip gloss and eye liner. The lip gloss and eye liner I the MUA used that day and I specifically asked for those, and then I needed mascara anyway, so I grabbed one. Still a pretty good deal, considering when I got my MU professionally done it was $40 and no products.
  • Thanks, @SP29. I was thinking the same thing about the MUA being commissioned based as well, since they always ask at the counter if anyone helped you.

I'm hoping to find a foundation, lip color, blush and maybe some fake eyelashes, but I've never had any luck with those. LOL! I'm sure I'll spend over $50 as well and I'll probably pick up a few tricks so that's also a plus.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hopefully I don't zombie this!

Sephora MUA aren't commissioned, nor do they accept tips. The best thing to do is word of mouth. You like the person, you can request for another time OR you can suggest for other people :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards