Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Help! Alchohol costs for an in-suite reception

Hi everyone,

We're trying to figure out a few of our budget amounts and are totally stuck on the alcohol portion! We do not have our total numbers yet but are estimating about 28 people, 3 of which will be kids, so 25 adults. We have quite a few wine drinkers (both red and white), lots of beer drinkers and then a few random other drinkers (rum, rye, vodka, coolers).

1. How much did you spend on alcohol for an in-suite reception?

2. How much did you buy? Did you follow a guideline? I've seen a Costco wedding guideline but it starts at 50 people. I guess I could half it but that still doesn't help me with pricing considering Canadians pay out the behind for alcohol!

3. Where did you buy? Is Costco our best bet or is there another place we should purchase it at?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Alchohol costs for an in-suite reception

• Options
    Lee's Liquors or even Walgreens (off strip, not on) are good options; very cheap.  For only 25 I can't imagine you need that much; perhaps two 1.75's of vodka, one of rum, a few random 750's of gin, whiskey, tequila.  Wine of course is more of a pain since you'll need a bunch of bottles if most of your drinkers prefer wine.

If you have a rental car, it makes this operation fairly easy.  Buy a couple styrofoam coolers at walmart, since you'll need them anyway for ice, load them with the booze, tip a bellhop handsomely to haul it all from the car to the room.  We didn't have an in-suite but did have a little party for about 20 friends/family on rehearsal dinner after hours, so I bought a bunch of booze; I gave the guy $25 to bring it up.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Thanks @vegasgroom! Any idea how much a 1.75 of vodka (Skyy) is? Do you remember how much booze you bought or how much it roughly cost you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pretty cheap; in Vegas booze is not taxed as much as other cities.  I'd be surprised if a 1.75 of Skyy is above the $25 range.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

For a guideline, I'd start by planning 1 drink per hour per person.  If you have heavy drinkers, go up and if you have light to non-drinkers, estimate down.  With a group that size, I would think you'd have a good guess how many people fall in which category, though on a festive occasion people sometimes drink a bit more than normal. 

I usually assume 4 glasses per bottle for the standard sized bottles of wine. Also, make sure to account for mixers and other n/a drinks as you plan.

• Options
    Thank you :) I think the problem we are currently facing is the fact that we have no idea how much the alcohol costs there. The prices here in Canada are insane compared to the States but whenever we go to Vegas, we pick up a bottle each at duty free. I haven't purchased alcohol in Vegas in quite a few years. Was hoping to get some sort of idea of how much people paid for their alcohol for the guests. Are we looking at $500, $1000, higher?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

At least to give you a suggestion of what things will cost, try http://leesliquorlv.com/products/spirits/

The link has a sale ad (might have to scroll down a little), listing prices for quite a few products.  They may not be the exact same as when you will be there, but should give a decent estimate.

• Options
    Thank you for that!!! Wow, it's crazy how cheap the alcohol is there compared to Alberta! I pay $12+ for a bottle of Yellowtail wine ($9.99 on sale) and it's $3.33 there! lol Insane!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I actually called Costco to find out if their prices in vegas match the prices in Wisconsin and they pretty much seemed like they do. It all depends on if you want to get brand name liquor like grey goose, makers mark, crown royal, etc. I know that there is a costco brand which in WI is "Kirkland" and a 1.75L is only $13.99 if I recall correctly. It is pretty cheap and they do have some pretty cheap wine as well. If you have a COSTCO card, I think it's worth it, but I have heard a lot of people using Lee's Liquor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards