Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Making an awkward conversation less awkward..

We "booked" our photographer about a month ago, and by booked she just put us in her calendar. Didn't require a deposit or a contract, it was kind of weird to me, but okay. Flash forward to a couple of days ago, our florist posted a photo shoot they had done with another photographer in our area. They were great photos, so I decided to scope out her site/blog/facebook and fell in love. She's about the same price, has been in the industry for at least five years (current photog is good, but more of an amateur), and her photos are stunning and just much more "us". Needless to say, I'm planning on booking the second one instead. Any suggestions on how to go about having the cancellation conversation with the first photog? I haaaate confrontations or hurting peoples feelings, so this is really stressing me out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Making an awkward conversation less awkward..

• Options
    Be honest and direct, don't offer to much info.
    Hello photog,
    We appreciate you holding the date for our wedding. We wanted to let you know we will not be needing your services and wanted t let you know so you can book the date for another event. Thank you very much for holding it.
    Drid

You didn't have a contract so there's really no issue. She could have flaked on you at any moment. This is the one time I've heard not signing a contract work out in the couple's favor.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards