Wedding Etiquette Forum

Books on Etiquette

In my time here on TK, I have gained some great information in regards to hosting our wedding. I am heading OOT this weekend and I am interesting in doing some reading. 

What are your favorite books on wedding etiquette?

Thanks!

Re: Books on Etiquette

• Miss Manners On Weddings was my go-to guide, but I believe Surprisingly Dignified Wedding is a more updated tome.
  • Emily Post Wedding Etiquette. I enjoy Miss Manners, but I thought her book was a little snobbish for my taste.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    Emily Post Wedding Etiquette. I enjoy Miss Manners, but I thought her book was a little snobbish for my taste.
    I just can't endorse a book that has so much bad advice in it.  Specifically, honeymoon registries and creative invitation wording.
    I think you missed the humor in the Miss Manners book.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Emily Post Wedding Etiquette. I enjoy Miss Manners, but I thought her book was a little snobbish for my taste.
    I just can't endorse a book that has so much bad advice in it.  Specifically, honeymoon registries and creative invitation wording.
    I think you missed the humor in the Miss Manners book.
    I love Miss Manners' humor. She's kind of like The Dowager Grantham!
    Agreed. Miss Manners would fit in very well here, methinks. 
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I purchased Miss Manners and have already highlighted many portions of the book! It's a great read.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards