Nevada-Las Vegas

Few Questions

Just a few questions:

1. We had a change in photographers and ended up booking Todd last week (super happy about this! I love his photos!). For those of you that used him, did you tip him the day of the wedding? I understand the general rule of thumb is that if they own the company, you don't tip. If they work for the company, you tip. Just wondering what everyone else did or is planning on doing?

2. Did any of you do a guestbook? We're trying to limit the amount of items that we need to take to Vegas with us but I do like this idea. Just not sure what we would do for it (suggestions welcome! lol) or if it's very common for a DW. Obviously it will need to be on the smaller side but a standard guestbook isn't something I'd be interested in.

3. Spray tans - has anyone or is anyone planning on doing this before their big day? We are travelling from Alberta on the Monday before our Friday wedding. Basically the last day I could get a spray tan in my home town would be on the Saturday and since I've never gotten one before, I have no idea if it will last that long or if it's a better idea to just do it a couple of days before the wedding somewhere in Vegas. I know Makeup in the 702 offers it but does anyone have any other suggestions?

4. Anyone that has used a caterer for an in-suite reception at the Cosmo - where was the food set up? We are planning on setting up some meat and cheese trays, plus other snack type food, as well as our cake display AND candy bar. I've never been in the wraparound terrace suite before but this is what I was thinking: set up the candy bar on the tall narrow table by the dining room table, set up cake display on what looks like a desk, have the snack type foods on the dining room table and the small coffee tables by the sectional, alcohol on the island area and the food (heavy apps) in the kitchen area. Now, it looks like there should be enough room for the catered food to be set up in the kitchen area but I'm only going by the pictures and videos online. Will this be enough room?

Yes, I have quite a bit of time to figure most of these out. Just thought I'd ask :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Few Questions

• Regarding spray tanning, I'd do it at home with someone you've used several times previously; it's too risky to do in Vegas with someone for the first time. :-)  That's what my wife did; spray wednesday, wedding saturday.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm planning on tipping my photographer, even though she owns the business. As someone who's photographed weddings, it's a LOT of work and what they charge is never enough. (My photog's already gone above and beyond and will be providing me the original files as well, rather than just edits.)

As for a guestbook, we're skipping it. Anything really neat that I would normally consider would be far too large to easily transport, and anything else I think of just loses my interest.

Can't answer too much on either of the other two points.
  • I'll answer as many questions as I can.

1. We didn't tip Todd. I had asked a couple people for their opinion on this and no one has tipped their photographer. He got some great pictures and was really easy to work with. 

2. We had everyone fill out a "wed libs" card instead. I found a template on Etsy and printed them myself. It gave the guest something to do before we got there and they were a lot of fun to read. 

I haven't spray tanned or have any experience with the catering question. Good luck!

• 1. Doesn't hurt to tip, but you can keep it small - $50
    2. Skip the guestbook, it is just a duster gather down the line
    3. Skip Make- Up in the 702! They are absolutely awful. You can get a better spray tan at Bodyheat but you should do it in your hometown. They last about 2 weeks and 2 days beforehand give you the chance of looked like Ross from Friends. If you do it earlier then it can fade a little if it is too dark for your liking. Better  little light than a little to fake looking.
    4. We have stayed in the wrap- around at Cosmo before and you have a great game plan! The fridge is empty so you can store all of it pre and post party. You can request a few extra tables if you need more room. 

Have fun! Cosmo is a beautiful resort for photos. Try the verbena in the 2nd floor of the Chandelier bar and have fun!
  • Thank you all for the advice! I've never had a spray tan and have heard differing opinions on how long they last. We leave for our trip on the Monday and get married on the Friday. The last day I could get a spray tan would be on the Saturday, if I did it before I left for Vegas (the shop is closed on Sunday's). Sounds like that shouldn't be a huge issue, correct? Basically it will be 6 days before the wedding...

1. Doesn't hurt to tip, but you can keep it small - $50
    2. Skip the guestbook, it is just a duster gather down the line
    3. Skip Make- Up in the 702! They are absolutely awful. You can get a better spray tan at Bodyheat but you should do it in your hometown. They last about 2 weeks and 2 days beforehand give you the chance of looked like Ross from Friends. If you do it earlier then it can fade a little if it is too dark for your liking. Better  little light than a little to fake looking.
    4. We have stayed in the wrap- around at Cosmo before and you have a great game plan! The fridge is empty so you can store all of it pre and post party. You can request a few extra tables if you need more room. 

Have fun! Cosmo is a beautiful resort for photos. Try the verbena in the 2nd floor of the Chandelier bar and have fun!

Skip Make Up in the 702 completely? Their quote is higher than a few others but I thought if I went with the spray tan with them, I would just do h/m with them as well. Glamsquad is at the top of my list for hair and make up, without the tan.

When I called the Cosmo, they said the fridge comes stocked but I could have them empty it for $25. Are they now empty, without having to pay?!?!? That would be great because I thought it would be a pain to have them come up and empty it after checking in (she said this wasn't something I could request ahead of time, since they don't know which room I would be getting).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Skip Make Up in the 702 completely? Their quote is higher than a few others but I thought if I went with the spray tan with them, I would just do h/m with them as well. Glamsquad is at the top of my list for hair and make up, without the tan.
    My photographer had nice things to say about 702, but it was one of those through the grapevine things. She had GLOWING things to say about Samantha at Sunless Beauties specifically for airbrushing, though!
  • Thanks @xoeden! I'm not sure who I'm going to go with lol I just hope that I don't finally decide and then it's too late to book someone because they are fully booked! I guess that would make my decision for me if that happens lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards