Wedding Party

Videographer Meeting

We have been in search of a videographer and finally found one we like that works in our budget. I have asked to set up a meeting with her to meet in person and ask a couple of questions. Mostly to ensure her personality will work with ours. She has stated "I don't actually have time at all to meet in the next couple of weeks. Do you have any specific questions I can help you with via email? I am actually completely booked until November weekdays and weekends, with any spare time being dedicated to my family. I might be able to have a call at some point if that would work." Do I go against my better judgement and not meet in person before booking her for our wedding or go back to the drawing board in search of someone else? It has been very hard to find someone in our price range. 

Re: Videographer Meeting

• edited July 2016
    We have been in search of a videographer and finally found one we like that works in our budget. I have asked to set up a meeting with her to meet in person and ask a couple of questions. Mostly to ensure her personality will work with ours. She has stated "I don't actually have time at all to meet in the next couple of weeks. Do you have any specific questions I can help you with via email? I am actually completely booked until November weekdays and weekends, with any spare time being dedicated to my family. I might be able to have a call at some point if that would work." Do I go against my better judgement and not meet in person before booking her for our wedding or go back to the drawing board in search of someone else? It has been very hard to find someone in our price range. 

You really want our advice here again? Are you sure? Someone may not agree 100% and there's a possibility of no rainbows and glitter.

ETA: Nevermind, wrong KnottieNumbers. Sorry!

Personally I would look for someone else.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I booked my photographer without meeting him.  I was OOT and asked a lot of other vendors for recommendations.  I figured they work a lot of weddings and would know who is good to work with and who wasn't.   His name kept coming up as the best.  I reviewed his work online and spoke to him on the phone.  He was easy to talk to and  answered all my questions. I could tell from our emails and phone conversations he would work out good so I booked him.  No regrets.    

There really isn't a good answer here.  There are people like me who are okay with not having to meet a vendor in person.  Others like the face-to-face.  You have to figure out which one you are and go from there.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think it depends. Do you have recommendations from friends for this person? Have you seen their work? If the answers to these questions are no, I would look elsewhere. If they come recommended and you like their work, I would move ahead with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards