Honeymoon Discussions

Nova Scotia?

So my fiancé and I have the predicament that we cannot afford an expensive honeymoon, but I'm also allergic to the sun (break out in hives when I'm in the sun for longer than 15 minutes at a time not completely covered (sweater, long skirt, etc.)  So that rules out all tropical locations.

We are from Ontario and were thinking of going to Nova Scotia for our honeymoon because a) it will be a lot cooler there at the time and b) it gives more variety of things to do out of the sun.

Has anyone honeymooned in Nova Scotia before to give recommendations?

Re: Nova Scotia?

• I was there many, many years ago. I went on an organized tour with my grand mom. I believe we stayed at the Cambridge Suites downtown. It's absolutely nothing fancy at all. We did a historical tour of the city, visited Peggy's Cove, did a ferry across the Bay of Fundy, visited St. John New Brunswick, and on the return, stopped at Roosevelt Campobello Park. It was a tour meant for the older crowd, but I thought the scenery was just so pretty. I'd love to go back one day.

• It's one of my favorite places on earth. Simply stunning. I'd definitely go to Cape Breton. Look at the Glenora Distillery- has a beautiful inn with romantic cabins, great restaurant, scotch distillery. Keltic Lodge is great- if you can't afford to stay there go for lunch and explore the grounds. Baddeck is really lovely- cute town, on the lake, great sailing. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    NS is beautiful in the fall- great foliage.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards