Wedding Party
Options

Gifts For Parents

Hi,

I was thinking about getting nice photo books made for my parents with pictures from their wedding and also doing the same for my future in-laws with their wedding pictures. Just wanted to see what peoples opinions were or if there are any other suggestions.

Re: Gifts For Parents

• Options
    Hi,

I was thinking about getting nice photo books made for my parents with pictures from their wedding and also doing the same for my future in-laws with their wedding pictures. Just wanted to see what peoples opinions were or if there are any other suggestions.

That's a lovely idea, but I would include your wedding pictures in both books as well.  :)
  • Options
    I'm always a fan of heartfelt letters.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    As a former MOB, I would have loved a photo album. That is normally what my friends have received - either as a thank you gift or Christmas present after the wedding. My daughter did something else, but I would have preferred an album or a framed picture. I, of course, didn't tell her that.

edited: words
  • Options
    As a former MOB, I would have loved a photo album. That is normally what my friends have received - either as a thank you gift or Christmas present after the wedding. My daughter did something else, but I would have preferred an album or a framed picture. I, of course, didn't tell her that.

Yes, we got married in November and I made photo albums for both sides out of the wedding photos and gave it as a Christmas gift. I kept certain photos the same, but where there were pictures of guests I adjusted it to one side or the other. Both families loved it and have them as coffee table books.
  • Options

Yes, we got married in November and I made photo albums for both sides out of the wedding photos and gave it as a Christmas gift. I kept certain photos the same, but where there were pictures of guests I adjusted it to one side or the other. Both families loved it and have them as coffee table books.
    That's basically what we did, got married at the end of October and printed a handful of pictures, a few of us around the City and a few of us either our families and put them in a frame for my parents and my MIL as Hannukah gifts. They absolutely loved them, it was great seeing them open the frame and gush over the pictures :3
  • Options
    I made photo albums for my 8 bridesmaids and MOB and MOG.. wallgreens was my best friend and the quality was very nice!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    I did what @flantastic did, but I was married in August so I gave them as a "late" wedding gift in addition to nice letters that I handed out at the RD.
  • Options
    We had a lot of family who lived out of town that couldn't make it.  So we put together a little book with shutterfly.  Super easy process. Sent them out to the family who couldn't join us as well as both of our parents.  everyone loved it.  I say go for it.  Its a gift that will be worth more in the long run then a tie, or handkerchief.  If you want to make is special, customize the books with a different opening preface, and pictures that will be super special to them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards