Wedding Woes

WFL?

I'm debating between being good and scrounging up lunch from the fridge.   Or being bad and ordering Jimmy John's for delivery.  

I didn't order JJ's at all this summer because I'd have to order for the kids too (or hear them complain about how mean I am). 

Re: WFL?

• Go for the Jimmy John's. That sounds delicious to me right now.

Lunch is either leftovers from dinner (crockpot chicken thighs, red potatoes, and carrots with a soy sauce/honey/seasoning sauce - absolutely delicious) or a turkey sandwich and soup. Haven't decided what I want yet.
  • I'm having popcorn for lunch I vote jimmy johns. 
  • edited August 2016
    I just ordered jimmy john. 

Eta. Though I purposefully did not go grocery shopping all week because I am going out of town. The only non condiments in my fridge are an assortment of chesse, half an onion, baby carrots, and 6 month old french toast bagels.
  • I just ordered jimmy john. 
    Me too! I'm sooo... hangry. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    McDonald's blech
  • 6fsn said:
    McDonald's blech

Even though I'll probably regret it, I keep telling H I want to try the new grill dogs from BK. I can't do McDonald's anymore - makes me feel awful every time.
  • I almost got Jimmy John's!  I was driving right past, and made myself keep driving.  I've been working through lunch this week so I can leave in time to pick Wooz up, since riding camp ends earlier than her others did, which means I've been skipping my lunchtime workouts.  But today I ran out for a quick errand, and I almost succumbed to JJ.

California chicken salad from the Super Target next to Michael's instead.  It's not bad:  romaine, grilled chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, poppyseed dresing.  But it's no #5.
  • I had a steak sandwich that was as big as my head and onion rings. I am miserable.
  • Wine. At the airport. I'm sure I will regret it the moment we reach cruising altitude, but it's calling my name and I'm too weak to resist.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Have Jimmy John's for me!  I had another protein bar (gotta save calories for girls night!). 
  • Have Jimmy John's for me!  I had another protein bar (gotta save calories for girls night!). 
    Did you find some that taste better?
  • Thai. It was yummy, but not on my clean eating plan.
  • I love Jimmy Johns. I ordered it all the time when I worked downtown. I was sad when I got my new job that I'd be so far away from one, but lucky for me they opened one less than 2 minutes down the road right after I started here :)

The boss bought my department lunch today, so we went to Cheddar's. I got the smokehouse burger with onion rings. Phew. It was so good.

• Every Friday I go to an asian place. They have a mix of Chinese, sushi, thai and Korean food.   I sit by myself, read the paper and just chill.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    Did you find some that taste better?
    The Think Thin ones do but I've been powering through the Quest bars since they're higher in protein. 
  • I gotta tell y'all I hate Jimmy John's. 
  • I gotta tell y'all I hate Jimmy John's. 
    Me too.

I'm spoiled though. I grew up in the Philly/Delaware area.   Sandwiches there are the best.  JJ and Subway type places do not compare.   I've tried them a few times and now I do not bother.  When I go back home will eat from the local mom/pop places everyday to get my fix.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Me too.

I'm spoiled though. I grew up in the Philly/Delaware area.   Sandwiches there are the best.  JJ and Subway type places do not compare.   I've tried them a few times and now I do not bother.  When I go back home will eat from the local mom/pop places everyday to get my fix.
    Our choices in OK are limited - Subway, Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, and Jimmy John's. Jersey Mike's is my favorite for subs. However, when I used to work on the other side of the city, there was a little deli owned by a French couple that made the best subs. My favorite there was tuna, apples, and cheese and it was made with this beautiful garlicky dressing. They're only open M-F 9:30 -3 so I never have time to get there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards