Massachusetts-Boston

question regarding tipping

Just curious to know what others are doing as tipping fees

I got a hairdresser doing 4 girls, I was thinking 100.00 or should I do more shes also doing 3 of us with makeup too

My jp do I tip if so what is recommended

My dj he’s a close friend who did cut me a very good deal

Caterer- were doing buffet for 105 people

Bartender for 5 hours’ cash bar- any ideas?

2 photographer’s for 6 hours

Videographer for 4 hours

Photo booth for 4 hours

My friend is doing silk flowers for me, out of state and been working on them for a while I would love to tip her

Limo- gratuity was already included, should we do extra

What about my cake decorator, and also my venue decorator I hired

thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: question regarding tipping

• IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    Hi! See my answers in bold.  As a general rule, you don't tip the owner of a business.  They set their price and are retaining all of the profit. 

CindyC74 said:

Just curious to know what others are doing as tipping fees

I got a hairdresser doing 4 girls, I was thinking 100.00 or should I do more shes also doing 3 of us with makeup too-I tipped my hair and make up girls 20% .  In hindsight, since they set their own rates,I tipped each girl for hair and make up 20%. I probably didn't have to tip, but my make up girl travelled an hour.

My jp do I tip if so what is recommended-I didn't tip our officiant, since he worked for himself.  I left him great reviews on theknot/wedding wire and wrote him a thank you note.

My dj he’s a close friend who did cut me a very good deal-If he does a good job, I'd give him an extra $100. I didn't tip our band, since they got 100% of the money charged.

Caterer- were doing buffet for 105 people-check your contract.  My venue added a 20% service charge to our final bill.  This was distributed amongst the wait staff/bartenders/valet. 

Bartender for 5 hours’ cash bar- any ideas?-Again,check your contract.  This is usually included.

2 photographer’s for 6 hours-Is one of them the owner and the other an assistant? If so, don't tip the owner and tip the assistant $50-$100 after you get the pictures back and are happy with them. 

Videographer for 4 hours-same as photog.

Photo booth for 4 hours-I gave each attendant $20.  I also provided a meal for them at the venue(which was optional).

My friend is doing silk flowers for me, out of state and been working on them for a while I would love to tip her-Instead of a tip, how about a nice thank you gift? A bottle of wine and a gift card? Shop for her like you were shopping for her birthday. 

Limo- gratuity was already included, should we do extra-I didn't. 20% was already included, and I thought that was enough.  Depending on how much is already included, you could give extra to equal 20%.

What about my cake decorator, and also my venue decorator I hired-assuming the cake decorator own his/her own business, so no.  Check your contract to see if your decorator added in a "service charge."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards