Chit Chat

First World Problems

1235»

Re: First World Problems

• FH got pulled over driving my car with tags that expired last month while speeding. He was going to just be given a warning entirely, but he couldn't find the current proof of insurance so yay court visit!!
    Woof. That's really no fun.

Today mine is (I love this thread) I didn't finish the new HP book yesterday so I still can't participate in the spoilers thread. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Update: I just got pulled over right next to our apartments and have a court date September 2nd for the same violations. This is my first time to ever get pulled over so I sat in the car in cried like a stereotypical young girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Woof. That's really no fun.

Today mine is (I love this thread) I didn't finish the new HP book yesterday so I still can't participate in the spoilers thread. 
    I still don't even have my damn book yet!
  • There's only one K Cup left and FI slept like crap, but I have to work.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Update: I just got pulled over right next to our apartments and have a court date September 2nd for the same violations. This is my first time to ever get pulled over so I sat in the car in cried like a stereotypical young girl.
    oh no.  Sorry to hear that @BrideToBe26.  Illinois had no money to send out license renewals (I think they're back to mailing them) last year and I drove around without knowing myself.  I thought I signed up for email alerts, but I did not.  Anyway, do you have currency exchanges near you?  Our currency exchanges have plate stickers and sometimes I'll pay the extra fee to not step into a DMV and deal with those hassles.  Currency Exchanges are like 2 minutes if there is no waiting.
    edit: words

• I was going to keep painting the fence today, but it poured last night and the fence is still soaking wet so now I have to stay inside and watch Olympics instead

• I went to get a soda at the cafeteria to have with the cupcake sitting on my desk. The cashier wasn't around, so I went to Starbucks instead and got a frapp. However, I'm trying to watch my caloric intake and now I am trying to tell myself that I can't have the cupcake AND the frapp.

• I asked for tea this morning and was given coffee :( Guhhhh
  • Update: I just got pulled over right next to our apartments and have a court date September 2nd for the same violations. This is my first time to ever get pulled over so I sat in the car in cried like a stereotypical young girl.
    oh no.  Sorry to hear that @BrideToBe26.  Illinois had no money to send out license renewals (I think they're back to mailing them) last year and I drove around without knowing myself.  I thought I signed up for email alerts, but I did not.  Anyway, do you have currency exchanges near you?  Our currency exchanges have plate stickers and sometimes I'll pay the extra fee to not step into a DMV and deal with those hassles.  Currency Exchanges are like 2 minutes if there is no waiting.
    edit: words
    This morning I went to the DMV and got my car registered in my name which apparently I hadn't done and got new tags. I'm just relieved everything but the court part is over with!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got out of school and I'm meeting my college roommate at a wine bar which doesn't open until 4, so I'm driving around killing time. 
  • See, I'd probably go to a store and spend $80 bucks on clothes that don't fit me.   Good on you.

• Yeah, I'm downtown so there's not many convenient places to go and park.   Iwent to CVS and got mints for my desk.   Super exciting. 
  • When you're stuck on 4 and everyone else went home. 

• SP29SP29 member
    I still haven't read HP and the Cursed Child yet.

I like to have a snack before I run at 6:30pm- because it's too long to wait for dinner at 8. Usually a piece of toast, but my bread is frozen.
  • My coworker brought in s'mores bars (like Rice Krispy treats, but with Golden Grahams plus chocolate chips). I had one, and it was really good, and I want another one, but I don't need another one. Plus the first one made my stomach feel funny.

@SP29 is the bread sliced? Can you pry a slice free? Because you can totally toast frozen bread, you just have to do it for a little longer...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SP29SP29 member
    My coworker brought in s'mores bars (like Rice Krispy treats, but with Golden Grahams plus chocolate chips). I had one, and it was really good, and I want another one, but I don't need another one. Plus the first one made my stomach feel funny.

@SP29 is the bread sliced? Can you pry a slice free? Because you can totally toast frozen bread, you just have to do it for a little longer...
    Oh that's what I did. Toasted it anyway. Just one of those things where I looked in the fridge and realized there was no bread at my fingertips!
  • It's only like day five of the olympics and my DVR is almost full. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I hate when that happens!

You're still on windows 7????

We're still on Windows 7 at work as well. At home, I'm on 10. Honestly, I prefer 7! 

• A bunch of stores I really want to visit opened up today but I can't afford to do shopping yet :(
  • I really want to do a long weekend trip before the baby comes but we can't come up with anything. Everywhere relaxing is too far away and everything within a good drive would probably end up with tons of walking and I'm not sure I'll be up for it

Our work systems are most compatible with this version.  And Internet Explorer, which is a whole other annoyance!
  • When you get into work early and you're the only one in the office so you get to choose the music.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

How come you stick around for it to do it's thing? Normally I just leave.

How come you stick around for it to do it's thing? Normally I just leave.

SITB - I'm a field employee who is rarely in the office so it's my laptop and it comes home with me.  Once I stopped it in the middle and then my computer wouldn't work so I had to make an unplanned trip in and cancel a sales call to get it fixed.
  • I woke up this morning to an article about a local boy who was 15 and vacationing in the Bahamas and got bit by a shark scuba diving.  I'm going to the Bahamas in January with a snuba adventure booked.  I now want to change my 'snuba' excursion to something not in the ocean.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards