Flowers

Teal Wedding Colors.. Flowers

I know I am definitely doing teal for BM dresses... what color flowers? there aren't exactly teal flowers in nature LOL.

Re: Teal Wedding Colors.. Flowers

• Do you have any accent colors? What time of year is your wedding?  What's the style of your wedding (e.g. funky, elegant, retro)?

Some ideas with lots of flowers to choose from:

- coral or peach

- soft pink

- light yellow

- white and grey (obviously flowers will mostly be white)

- navy blue

*********************************************************************************

• i'm a big fan of all whites and greens for bridal stuff, regardless of wedding colors (and don't worry, in florals, green is a neutral). if you want color, there is no such thing as a teal flower, so you'd need something that was an accent color. since teal is fairly bold i'd personally err more on the side of something soft (peach? light yellow?) or just stick with whites - they are classic.
  • I didn't pick an accent color, but I am open to one. It seems like coral is the most popular. It's a spring wedding. I guess I don't really know the style, the venue is sort of Tuscany themed. Not looking for something old timey, more of a moderny style.
  • I...wouldn't. Teal and coral are both highly saturated, bold colors. You want something that is actually complimentary, so something bold with something soft, and things relatively close to each other on the color wheel. teal looks great with a soft peach or blush though.
  • I'm not that picky, lol, if a florist shows me some and they look nice, I'll be like great, lol. but the blush or peach sounds nice to me

• These are my two favorite teal wedding photos. It looks like they're using touches of green and orange/coral in one and white and blush in the other.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kylexo said:
    I...wouldn't. Teal and coral are both highly saturated, bold colors. You want something that is actually complimentary, so something bold with something soft, and things relatively close to each other on the color wheel. teal looks great with a soft peach or blush though.
    I thought complementary colors were opposite each other on the color wheel? I agree that teal would look good with a soft peach or blush.
  • Lavender would also look really pretty. Here's a photo I found online: 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kylexo said:
    I...wouldn't. Teal and coral are both highly saturated, bold colors. You want something that is actually complimentary, so something bold with something soft, and things relatively close to each other on the color wheel. teal looks great with a soft peach or blush though.
    I thought complementary colors were opposite each other on the color wheel? I agree that teal would look good with a soft peach or blush.
    Because they are ;)

OP it might just be a good idea to get on Pinterest and type in "Teal Wedding", I am sure you will be handed myriad options to chose from. In terms of what you chose to go with teal, you may consider your theme and venue a little more carefully, as that will help you determine note only color, but also type of flower. For example if you are getting married in a garden you may want lush flowers like peonies or hydrangeas, if you are getting married in a rustic barn lavender or babies breath may make sense, but if you are doing a modern hotel ball room maybe you want sleek calla lilies. The possibilities are endless :)
  • If this interests you - though it is rather bold - the square complements for teal are deep purple, rust orange, and golden yellow. I did this in my wedding and it was gorgeous.
  • If this interests you - though it is rather bold - the square complements for teal are deep purple, rust orange, and golden yellow. I did this in my wedding and it was gorgeous.
    That sounds stunning!
  • edited August 2016
    My bouquet (eta: fake flowers galore for allergies):

• edited August 2016
    Gorgeous! Did you make it?
  • @OurWildKingdom, my mom made it. I was really lucky - she's super-talented with flowers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards