Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Help

17forme17forme member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited August 2016 in Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon suggestions? Not a super long flight from NYC, Nice Beaches Plus Other activities so not too boring?

Re: Honeymoon Help

• Where are you traveling from? What time of year? Do you have a budget?
  • Costa Rica might work. 
  • 17forme17forme member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2016
    Sorry.... details, details, haha. We are traveling from NYC Area, our wedding is on a Friday night in April and we want to leave Sunday or so, for about 7-9 days.
  • Costa Rica looks cool  but my fiancé probably wouldn't want to go there. He barely wants to go to mexico at all even though I have told him the resorts are so nice lol
  • He likes the Aruba Idea Just don't know if there is a lot to do... nightclubs? etc?
  • I'd suggest Hawaii, though that might be too far/expensive from NYC.  We also get to see and do a ton of things and have beach/pool time too.  My favourite so far for that was the Big Island.  

• Puerto Rico 
    Panama 
    Costa Rica 
    Belize 
  • If you want nightclubs and beaches Ibiza's got you covered, but not at that budget. 
  • Thanks all!

• Never been to Puerto Rico, but I've heard it's awesome. Plus, you don't need a passport to get there, and a lot of locals speak English.

San Juan is a happening city, and parts of it are perfectly safe for tourists at night, from what I have heard from friends. Plus the beaches are beautiful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Aruba is very American friendly.  Beautiful beaches. lots of nightlife and everyone speaks English as their second language.  It is a desert island, so no jungles to explore.  Lots of resorts to choose from.
    No local culture.  This is why I dislike Aruba personally, because I am into folk lore and museums, but this is me.  Someone who wants a lot of water activities and beautiful beaches might be very happy in Aruba.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've heard a lot of good things about Aruba if you want beaches and resort life. (Never been myself).

Dominican Republic. My friends have been there four times, to different resorts.

I like Mexico. You can either stick to the large cities (like Cancun) which is pretty "North Americanized" or go to the smaller cities/towns to get a local feel. I've been to Playa Del Carmen, which was nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards