Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday!

Good morning!!

I'm just sitting here...just waiting...the contractor guys showed up this morning but the boss hasn't been by yet and I need to pay him for the materials and go over some questions. So this is me right now.

I just want this work to hurry up and get started!!!

What are you up to today?

Re: Tuesday!

• Ugh, irritating @labro, just irritating.  I hope he shows up soon!

Today I'm hanging with Ani same as usual.  Hoping to get a walk in and a run to the store for a certain get together!  Hoping Ani is a good girl today...last night she was really fussy...I think she is going through a developmental leap which makes them extra fussy for a few days (and hopefully it is over before @labro and @twodimes meet her).  
  • @minskat30 Hmmm I wonder what you could be buying! ;)

I hope Ani starts to feel better too! But don't worry! Fussy babies don't bother me!

• @labro You read my mind...that was exactly my agenda. :)
  • Woohoo finally able to log in.  This is getting really annoying.  

@labro - hope the boss arrives asap, so work can get started!
    @minskat30 - hopefully Ani let's you enjoy your walk and errands

I'm sitting in my weekly meeting.  Bleghhh

Also, helping coach has made me realize how out of shape I am. I got home last night and immediately passed out on the couch.  

Tonight is family night at my mom's.  I also need to pick up flea and tick stuff for the dog.  I've decided to try one of the collars.  Anyone have experience with them?
  • @speakeasy14 - I tried a collar with my cat and she still had a constant flea problem, so I haven't gone back. I've been giving Marv a monthly pill called Trifexis for fleas. It's ~$20 a month, but it's also a heartworm (and other worm) preventative too. I don't think it prevents against ticks though, so I'm just going to be quiet now, haha.

• @speakeasy14 I think my youngest sister used to use a flea collar for her dog but honestly the only thing that has ever worked consistently for me has been an oral medication. We used to have Cinders on Frontline Flea & Tick which is topical and she ended up getting fleas somehow anyway. We have her on Nexgard now which is an oral medication and preventative for fleas and ticks and we've had zero problems. Maddux even picked up fleas and she was around him a bunch during that time and we still never saw any on her!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Has anyone ever flown Frontier?

Does a (normal-sized) backpack count as a carry-on or a personal item? AKA can it count as a personal item if that's all I am carrying?

• @labro - I love your countdown!

This morning we threw a breakfast for our employees. Fruit, donut holes, bacon, sausage, and pancakes (white chocolate macadamia nut, choc chip, peanut butter, YUM). It was so good.

Right now I'm listening to the Hamilton soundtrack for the 100th time. Yesterday I found some actual video from the Broadway production on YouTube. I watched 6 or 7 before they were taken down.

Tonight I have a mentoring meeting. My mentee is a little all over the place. I'm just trying to be a resource for her for when she figures out what she really wants to do.

H and I got into a somewhat heated discussion last night about Charlotte. I thought I'd done a good job of reading his little cues about if he was okay with the idea of the move, but apparently a couple offhand comments that I've made had really upset him. We tabled the discussion and are going to talk about it again tomorrow night. He says he's interested in giving it a shot, but needs to move at a slower pace.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger Omg all those pancakes sound SO YUMMY!!! I wish I was at that breakfast...

I'm sorry your H got upset over the plans you've made about Charlotte. Hopefully your talk cleared the air and you can keep on moving towards a plan to transition there.

@TwoDimes Definitely listen to your gut in situations like that! Her house kind of sounds like a wreck and I'm really glad you checked it out beforehand.

• @twodimes - Good for you for listening to your gut. We definitely did that when we first moved here and didn't regret it at all when we didn't 'fit' with different dogsitters. We finally found one we love and haven't looked back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @labro I flew to Mexico on Frontier, a backpack counts as a personal item.  C and I each only brought a backpack for our trip. -- One of our friends uses Seresto and hasn't had any issues, so that's why I figured I'd try it.  If it doesn't work, I'll look into the Nexguard.

@AlPacina yeah, I need something for ticks.  Ticks are horrible up here.  I usually use the topical stuff and then also spray Calla with peppermint oil. 

@twodimes I have heard of them, but haven't tried them out.  Definitely go with your gut if you felt off with her though. And tell her that you didn't feel your dog was a fit. 
  • @speakeasy14 Awesome! Since it's only a weekend trip, I'm stuffing my purse and laptop in the main compartment and then rolling up a few outfits and personal items into the secondary compartment. I didn't want to pay for a stupid carry-on item unless it was 100% necessary...which it shouldn't be!

• @labro I did the same when I went to Chicago.  Also, you can have two of the little liquor bottles with your liquids bag.  
  • @labro I did the same when I went to Chicago.  Also, you can have two of the little liquor bottles with your liquids bag.  

• TwoDimes said:
    @labro, I'm flying Frontier in a few weeks, so I've been scouring their website for baggage guidelines. I'm sure you've already seen their website, but according to that, the "personal item" has to be less than 18" x 14" x 8".

https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel-information/baggage/

I think it's ridiculous that they charge for both checked bags AND carry ons, but I guess that's how they get 'ya with the flight prices being so reasonable!
    They don't measure your backpack at all.  If you try to use a weekender bag or something, they'll measure that.  With Frontier and Spirit, I've walked right onto the plane with my book bag.  Definitely suggest using it as a personal item.  When we went to Vegas on Spirit, we checked one suitcase and stuffed everything into that, and then had a book bag for just in case.
  • AlPacina said:
    @labro I did the same when I went to Chicago.  Also, you can have two of the little liquor bottles with your liquids bag.  

• @speakeasy14 Awesome! I'm ready...

• @twodimes so far out of Newark, Philadelphia, Cancun, Vegas, Chicago, and Austin -- they haven't cared about book bags ;-)
  • @eilis1228 Hope the new job is going well! And yay more puppy love!!!

• @eilis1228 So glad the job is going well...aside from those shitty hours! Hopefully after you've gained a little more seniority you can go back to a more normal time. Also, omg Hawaii!!

• @eilis1228 - Those are all awesome updates! I'm so jealous you're getting another puppy! How fun!

Another Period is a Comedy Central show set around the turn of the 20th century, and the entire cast is comedians. There are two main female characters who are rich and stupid and want to be famous for doing nothing. And then there are side plot lines about their servants, who they treat awfully, obviously, because they're poor. Lots of modern-themed historical jokes.

They also have lots of famous historical people, like Einstein, Edison, etc:

• @AlPacina yup, I'll be watching that during family night tonight hahaha
  • @AlPacina yup, I'll be watching that during family night tonight hahaha
    @speakeasy14 - Try to get to Season 2, Episode 2. I don't think it will hurt to watch any of them out of order. They mostly stand on their own. But yea, that's the episode with the orphans. I was dying laughing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards