Wedding Reception Forum

Fall 2013- peach and burgundy ?!? I need help

I love the color of oxblood and my wedding is October 5th. I would like to incorporate peach but have yet to see any decode that looks elegant. Does anyone have any advice or other colors that would compliment it?

Re: Fall 2013- peach and burgundy ?!? I need help

• Ivory would complement well as well as a dark chocolate. Go with bright peachy flowers and then the oxblood tablecloth. Your napkins can be ivory and with gold chargers. I think that would look nice and interesting. 
  • I think those colors go great together!  Agree an ivory could lighten it up.  A hint of dark purple in the mix would be pretty too.

Anniversary
  • For a fall wedding, I agree with ivory, dark chocolate or a deep dusky purple ... you could accent with touches of gold.  Check out Oriental Trading Company -- they have a lot of decorations for fall weddings that work off of those colors.

We were originally planning an October 2012 wedding with a rich heathery purple for the bridesmaids' dresses (David Bridal's lapis) and burgundy accents (deep red roses, etc.).  When we had to move the date to spring (April 2013), that color scheme wouldn't work anymore, so I changed the accent color to a warm apricot.  I'm pretty picky about shade on both of colors, since "purple and orange" can be fantastic or awful depending on how it's done.  I found ribbon in the apricot that I wanted (Offray brand orange cream), and carry that and my DB swatch with me so that I can keep it consistent.

Also remember that not everything has to have all three colors in it (or even two of them) it's the overall effect you're going for.  I'm keeping the apricot to the flowers (roses and mini callas) and ribbon accents, the purple is in the bridesmaids' dresses and dried lavendar decor, and the groomsmen are wearing a medium charcoal gray.
  • That's true, Retread, and a very good point.  I think for me it was more a part of shifting gears from one plan/concept to another (and processing everything that necessitated the change) rather than a sense of needing to stick to strict seasonal colors ... although overthinking is one of my specialties!  Tongue Out  

I love the suggestion of copper with the burgundy and coral/peach ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards