Wedding Woes
Options

Post your favorite crock pot recipes

Next week is the first week of after school activities, so I'm beefing up my crock pot recipe stash.  Post your favorites below!

I will kick it off with this new one I just found.  I can't vouch for it yet, but I plan to make it within the next week, so I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup

Re: Post your favorite crock pot recipes

• Options
    My go-to crockpot recipe is stew!

Since everyone has different ways of doing it, this is mine:

night before - cut carrots, potatoes and put stewing beef in a sealed container with water {enough to cover all things} and stewing beef mix {club house. always.}

That morning, put in crockpot and put on low. Stir a bit to ensure all is mixed.
    Low for 8hrs.
    I leave at 8am and home by 5:30pm, so when home I mix a bit and typically done.
  • Options
    I don't use my crock pot enough so I'm hoping to snag some recipes.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Next week is the first week of after school activities, so I'm beefing up my crock pot recipe stash.  Post your favorites below!
    I see what you did there.

This is one of my favorites: 
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/177053/slow-cooker-apple-crisp/

For some reason, I can't for the life of me think of what I usually cook in the crock pot beyond stew and soup.

We are making this today, actually, and I had to sub some sweet Italian sausage because I ran out of chicken thighs, so I can't vouch for it yet, but there's nothing in it I don't like.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    This one is absolutely delicious and I think I got from someone on WW:

http://ellysaysopa.com/2016/05/03/slow-cooker-southern-style-chicken-and-dirty-rice/

This is one I made a few weeks ago but tweaked a little. We used boneless chicken thighs and shredded them. I omitted the green beans - didn't miss them. I may have also stolen this from somewhere on TK -  I find my best crockpot recipes on here!

http://damndelicious.net/2015/06/05/slow-cooker-honey-garlic-chicken-and-veggies/
  • Options
    Oh, and I have a favorite I used earlier this week:

Put baby carrots and any kind of little potatoes (red, white, fingerling, whatever) on the bottom of the pot.

Shove a whole lemon (rind and all) in a whole chicken's hoo-ha, and put the chicken on top of the carrots and potatoes.

Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.  (I threw in celery and some leftover chopped onion, a chicken bouillon cube, and sprinkled with seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Fox Point seasoning, but I've made it with a zillion different combinations of seasonings.  In the old house, where my rosemary took over the herb garden, I always threw in a spring of rosemary and a couple of bay leaves.) 

The recipe calls for 1 hr on high and 6-7 on low, so I usually start it on high first thing and switch it to low before I leave for the day.  But you could probably do 8 or 9 hours on low and it would be fine.

DS literally ate all the carrots Monday night.  Wooz had some (I used rainbow and she claimed that she didn't like the yellow or purple, only the orange), I had some, DS ate the rest and there were none left for DH when he got home.
  • Options
    @Heffalump  H is a big fan of doing the whole chicken in the crockpot. The easier it is for him to put together, the more he likes it and is willing to make dinner. Plus he can't stop eating ever so this provides lots of leftovers.
  • Options
    @Heffalump  H is a big fan of doing the whole chicken in the crockpot. The easier it is for him to put together, the more he likes it and is willing to make dinner. Plus he can't stop eating ever so this provides lots of leftovers.
    Yes!  The leftover chicken is good for so many things:  chicken pot pie, chicken and dumplings...
  • Options
    OH! Almost forgot one :)

We typically make this for bigger get togethers and H makes this.

- buy bag of Meatballs and put in crock pot
    - half jar of grape jam/jelly
    - full bottle of steak diana sauce

High for 3 hrs, mixing half way.

That's.All.!

Great with rice because the sauce is delish :)
    Better for bigger groups {ie; more that 2 unless you're hungry and/or want left overs!}
  • Options
    I keep reading the title as 'crackpot' recipes. 

But I do chicken noodle soup:

Carton of broth
    Carton of stock
    1 lb of chicken breasts
    Cerlery
    Carrots
    Season to taste (I like salt, pepper, and TJ's 21 seasoning salute)
    Add water if needed 

I boil egg noodles and add them right before I serve.  They get too soggy in the crockpot. 
  • Options

I make "crap from the cabinet" soup in the crockpot a lot. The recipe is a few chicken breasts and whatever crap I have in the cabinet.

I also make pulled pork with just a big roast, box of beef stock and let them sit all day. Then I pull the pork, mix with BBQ sauce and stick in a hot oven to get the crispy bits I like so much.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Pulled pork sandwiches.

Boston butt, on low overnight or 8 hours ish. I just season with worchester (spelling?) sauce, Montreal steak seasoning, put the fatty side up. Baste occasionally.
  • Options
    Chicken tacos, chili.  I'll also go on a kick and make some of the 7 sisters stuff.  They have huge lists of freezer crock pot meals.  You just dump them in a bag and freeze then dump in the crock pot.  They are by no means gourmet, but it's easy to knock out a handful of dinners in a few hours.

this is sooooo good and filling
    http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-chicken-and-quinoa-soup/

This is good enough for how simple it is.  I usually throw in frozen broccoli toward the end.
    http://sotastysoyummy.blogspot.de/2011/11/crockpot-hawaiian-chicken.html

This is not crockpot, but it's simple enough.  I always make it with the veggie tray leftovers after a party.
    http://www.thewholesomedish.com/one-pot-wonder-chicken-lo-mein/
  • Options
    Oh and cranberry pork
    1 pork loin
    1 bag cherry flavored craisins (only because they're cheaper than dried cherries)
    One medium onion sliced
    2 T quick cook tapioca
    1 cup apple juice/apple cider/water (or an apple juice box if you're desperate)
    Salt, pepper, thyme

I usually serve with egg noodles, but it's also good with rice or mashed potatoes.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I make "crap from the cabinet" soup in the crockpot a lot. The recipe is a few chicken breasts and whatever crap I have in the cabinet.

I also make pulled pork with just a big roast, box of beef stock and let them sit all day. Then I pull the pork, mix with BBQ sauce and stick in a hot oven to get the crispy bits I like so much.

"Crap from the cabinet (and fridge, and freezer)" is my default any time I make soup, stew, or curry. I do make a pretty mean veggie chili in the crockpot, and on New Year's I do black-eyed peas, greens, and rice.

Oh, and last Thanksgiving, I made a killer crockpot bread pudding, similar to this:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231469/bread-pudding-in-the-slow-cooker/

FW hates raisins, so I leave them out.
  • Options

I love these two:

Creamy Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts

1/2-1 whole block of cream cheese

1 can of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)

Some Italian type spices ... honestly could add anything.

On high for 4-6 hours. Test with food thermometer. I usually toss in frozen breasts.

Taco Soup

Browned ground beef

Taco spices or package of taco seasoning

can of corn

can of chickpeas

can of mixed beans (or choose 1-2 cans of favourite beans)

can of olives

can of Heinz chili beans

Drain or don't drain cans to increase soupy consistency.

Cook for 3-4 hours (or longer on low is fine).

Serve with taco chips and sour cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards