July 2017 Weddings

Budget

Hey Ladies

I know this sounds really vain but please bear with me. My FI and I have been engaged for about a year and we entered what I thought would be the exciting part: planning. I wanted a wedding planner to help personalize the details of my wedding and to help me as this isn't my strength. He believed that we have a lot of people to support us and that we didn't need one. We set a budget that we had to revisit as our initial numbers we're significantly too low. At this point we are fighting every week about numbers. What frustrates me the most is that I have worked really hard to fund my future and the wedding that I want. I didn't have to, but I did that to ensure financial autonomy. I have set goals that would support the finances of our future and fund our wedding. I am really trying to set  a balance. I'm focusing on vendors that really want rather than getting all the vendors of my dreams. I'm so frustrated and I just want to call everything off or have him plan the wedding. Again..i know all of this sounds vain but I'm really frustrated. Any feedback would be helpful. 

Re: Budget

• I don't think this sounds vain. I think that you and your FI have two different ideas for the wedding and planning. If your budget doesn't match your vision, I think you need to rethink one or the other or both. The Knot has a good list of all the things for a wedding, just remove things that you don't need. Prioritize the things that are the most important for you and your FI. Talk to each other about what you each think is the most important thing. Neither of you are wrong in whatever you think.

Also, take a week off of wedding planning. Try not to think about it all and refresh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards