Wedding 911

Re: .

• Thanks for your opinions, but I am looking for others who are getting married here to see what they think. If these concrete blocks were needed for safety reasons then they would be there year round, or every hurricane season, which they are not. They were added as a last minute protection for the building for a storm that never came to our area. I happen to do research on shoreline protection and restoration, so I understand their purpose.

My issue is that this is not what I signed up for when I chose my venue over a year ago, and paid the deposit. They could have at least let us know that there was a change to the venue, prior to today, which is less than a month till my wedding.

Still interested in hearing from other couples who are getting married at LPP
  • Is your deposit for a specific spot on the beach or just beach access? Where is the nearest entrance to the beach for your grandma? I really don't see the city paying people to remove and replace concrete for your wedding so I think you should try to figure a best case work around.
  • Thanks for your opinions, but I am looking for others who are getting married here to see what they think. If these concrete blocks were needed for safety reasons then they would be there year round, or every hurricane season, which they are not. They were added as a last minute protection for the building for a storm that never came to our area. I happen to do research on shoreline protection and restoration, so I understand their purpose.

My issue is that this is not what I signed up for when I chose my venue over a year ago, and paid the deposit. They could have at least let us know that there was a change to the venue, prior to today, which is less than a month till my wedding.

Still interested in hearing from other couples who are getting married at LPP
    How rude.
    When you post on an open forum, you should be ready for any opinions and comments, based on what you have posted.  In your original post, I mostly sense worry about your photos, and having the perfect wedding.
    I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you are so rude to one of our nicest members, you have lost my sympathy.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I am not sure how to respond to individual comments, so I apologize for not being able to do so. I cross posted this in a few boards because I am looking for other couples who are using/ have used the venue. I didn't see anything in the guidelines suggesting that cross posting isn't okay. I would remove it from other threads but once someone comments, the post is there to stay.

I do not have a problem with people's opinions, everyone is entitled to think what they will, but this includes my fiance and me. We are not happy with our wedding venue, I thought that we could use The Knot to help us connect with others in our situation.

There is no need to call me rude, or to assume that I am selfish, or a bridezilla. In fact I am pretty sure that all of these posts are violating the forum guidelines. If you went to your venue and there was a major change less than a month before your wedding, and you weren't notified about it, I'm guessing you would be upset too.

I have been visiting the venue for over a year since we paid our deposit. I have never seen these blocks before. They are not something that is there every hurricane season, they were added as an emergency effort for a storm that never happened.

I happen to work in coastal restoration and protection, and do research on ways to protect the shoreline. I am not suggesting that my wedding is more important than the building or anyone's safety. But for the last major hurricane we had they decided to open all the windows and allow the water to flow through the building. If you are getting storm surges that are going to make it to this building, I am not sure a 2 ft block are going to slow the waves enough to make a huge impact if we do have a major storm.

Of course we are preparing for a few scenarios, but the coordinator at the venue made it sound like if we call there is a chance they can move them. So we figured the more people we can get to call, the better our chances are.

Thanks for all the advice.
  • There is no need to call me rude, or to assume that I am selfish, or a bridezilla. In fact I am pretty sure that all of these posts are violating the forum guidelines. If you went to your venue and there was a major change less than a month before your wedding, and you weren't notified about it, I'm guessing you would be upset too.

PS, as a mod I haven't seen any violations, but feel free to refer to the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up, and report posts a needed. Be aware that reporting non violations can result in a violation itself.

Someone posting a GIF that says "Screw You" is not a violation?

I would say that this 1. puts someone down, 2. is malicious, and 3. can be considered inflammatory.

Below is taken from the knot guidelines:
    • Does this post put down or attack another user?
      Any communication in the forums, even those expressing disagreement or opinions must be delivered in a manner that is respectful toward other users (ask for support, answer a question, further the discussion, etc).
    • Is this post malicious in any way?
      Regardless of intent, posts that contain any mean-spirited content may be removed and the poster may be banned.
    • Is this post inflammatory?
      Posts that contain any hint of maliciousness or provocation of users to gain attention may be removed.
    Maybe I misinterpreted it.

• edited September 2016
    There is no need to call me rude, or to assume that I am selfish, or a bridezilla. In fact I am pretty sure that all of these posts are violating the forum guidelines. If you went to your venue and there was a major change less than a month before your wedding, and you weren't notified about it, I'm guessing you would be upset too.

PS, as a mod I haven't seen any violations, but feel free to refer to the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up, and report posts a needed. Be aware that reporting non violations can result in a violation itself.

I would say that this 1. puts someone down, 2. is malicious, and 3. can be considered inflammatory.

Any communication in the forums, even those expressing disagreement or opinions must be delivered in a manner that is respectful toward other users (ask for support, answer a question, further the discussion, etc).
      Regardless of intent, posts that contain any mean-spirited content may be removed and the poster may be banned.
      Posts that contain any hint of maliciousness or provocation of users to gain attention may be removed.

The gif you're referring to is in the poster's signature. It's not directed as you personally and it's not part of the post, it is part of her signature and follows each of her posts, regardless of their content.

Key word is post. Her post violates none of three points.

So as I said, there's no violation.

Goo luck working with the city, you seen super reasonable and very thorough, so I'm sure you'll have no issue sweet talking them into getting your way :unamused:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    The bat signal.  This goes right along with her posts.
    In case you are still lurking, OP:

It is rude to tell people that you only wanted certain kinds of posts.  You cannot tell people how to post.  Once you put your question out there on the internet, anyone can comment however they please, within the guidelines, of course.

It is super rude to delete your post after people have been kind enough to try and help you, despite your snarky replies.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • There is no need to call me rude, or to assume that I am selfish, or a bridezilla. In fact I am pretty sure that all of these posts are violating the forum guidelines. If you went to your venue and there was a major change less than a month before your wedding, and you weren't notified about it, I'm guessing you would be upset too.

I have to admit, that's the first time my sig gif has been taken either literally or maliciously. I mean, it makes basically 0 sense in the context of this post or any other post I've posted on...so that's probably why.

• Antique carousel >>>> weddings

You can control the angles your photos are taken.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• When I was new here, I had several people telling me I was making a bad decision and @kimmiinthemitten said that my question was posted at least once per week. This is her signature: 
    It took me a minute to pull my head out of my ass and realize that it was, in fact, her signature and not actually directed towards me. Although, at that moment, I probably was driving her up the wall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards