Attire and Accessories

Bridesmaid dresses to match mermaid/trumpet style gown?

Hello all. I haven't purchased my dress yet, but I am almost completely positive that I'd like a mermaid or trumpet style dress. Our wedding is vintage inspired and I'd like my BMs to wear dresses with a 50s silhouette. However, I can't quite picture how these full skirts will look next to my more slim fitting dress.

Does anyone have any photos of brides in mermaid/trumpet style dresses with bridesmaids in fuller skirts? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses to match mermaid/trumpet style gown?

• OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers First Anniversary
    As long as the skirt isn't too full (e.g., A-line rather than ball gown), you should be fine. A-lines are classic and look good on most bodies.
    ILoveBeachMusicSP29cowgirl8238emmaaa
  • I agree with @OurWildKingdom. An A-line bridesmaid's dress would look great with a mermaid style bridal gown. Going with something too form fitting or too full would detract from your dress IMHO.
  • Go with a dress your bridesmaids will feel great wearing above anything else.  It will look and coordinate just fine with whichever style of dress you choose - really!  If they're confident wearing that style of dress, there is nothing else to worry about. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards