Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid dresses to match mermaid/trumpet style gown?

Hello all. I haven't purchased my dress yet, but I am almost completely positive that I'd like a mermaid or trumpet style dress. Our wedding is vintage inspired and I'd like my BMs to wear dresses with a 50s silhouette. However, I can't quite picture how these full skirts will look next to my more slim fitting dress.

Does anyone have any photos of brides in mermaid/trumpet style dresses with bridesmaids in fuller skirts? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses to match mermaid/trumpet style gown?

• As long as the skirt isn't too full (e.g., A-line rather than ball gown), you should be fine. A-lines are classic and look good on most bodies.
  • I agree with @OurWildKingdom. An A-line bridesmaid's dress would look great with a mermaid style bridal gown. Going with something too form fitting or too full would detract from your dress IMHO.
  • Go with a dress your bridesmaids will feel great wearing above anything else.  It will look and coordinate just fine with whichever style of dress you choose - really!  If they're confident wearing that style of dress, there is nothing else to worry about. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards