Wedding 911

Distributing Welcome Bags - Nobody Staying at Hotel

Hi all, 

My fiancé and I are having a wedding that's out-of-town for most of our guests. My future mother-in-law put together cute welcome bags that have snacks, goodies and wedding weekend itineraries for all the guests we assumed would be staying at the hotel in our room block. But now we've come to learn that a lot of our guests went rogue and didn't reserve rooms in our room block. 

So, we're left with these gift bags and no way to distribute them to everyone. Not all guests are coming to the rehearsal dinner, and we don't want to give them out at the wedding, as my parents put a lot of effort into the favors (lavender and honey from their farm), and we don't want to outshine that. Plus, the itineraries have important info. about shuttles to/from the ceremony site (my parents' house). 

I am open to any and all creative solutions! 

Thanks!

Re: Distributing Welcome Bags - Nobody Staying at Hotel

• Ironring said:
    How many guests are we talking about here? Are some of them staying at the same hotel as others? If there's not many different hotels, could you leave the bags at reception/check in for them? This requires driving around to the different places though, so it would be really annoying if there were like 20 different hotels they are staying at. 

Otherwise, could you tell them that there is a welcome bag available for them at your/your parents house and to contact you if they would like it?
    If it were me I would seriously do this, meaning probably end up driving around to the different hotels and dropping them off. A pain I know, but to me the thought of the nice bags not being used as they were intended would bother me more than driving about.

But also to save time do think about who is going to the rehearsal dinner who might be going back to the same hotel as other guests, then you can just hand the bags to them and ask them to drop them off to the other guests.

Just want to point out the possible problem with handing them out at the reception is that these are for out of town guests right? There could be some confusion with in town guests thinking they are a favor and picking some up, and then there not being enough for out of town guests.
  • IMO - put them on a table as guests are leaving the reception to take - My guess is they'll be equally as well-received if not MORE so! 
  • MesmrEwe said:
    IMO - put them on a table as guests are leaving the reception to take - My guess is they'll be equally as well-received if not MORE so! 
    In her original post, OP stated that one of the items in the bag is "the itineraries, (which) have important info. about shuttles to/from the ceremony site (my parents' house)."

The guests will need the bags prior to the wedding ceremony.

• I drove to 3 hotels...some people still didn't get them. Hopefully the can figure out the itinerary from the invitations and/or website like my guests did.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards