Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thinking about An unplugged ceremony?

I thought about asking for an unplugged ceremony until I came here and I'm so glad I followed the advice I got! The photographer took tons of pictures, but she has to edit them now and because of all the people who took pictures during the ceremony, I already have pictures to see! They're probably not going to be as good as the pro, but I don't have to wait weeks for them either!

Re: Thinking about An unplugged ceremony?

• I hope you had a great day!!!

I found some of my guests photos were awesome.  Not just of us (because they were often at a different angle), but they got great shots of other guests where the photographers spent more time getting shots of mostly us.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    I have an entire album of just guests.  I made it from photos taken from both guests and the professional photographers.  

I tend to look at that album more than our official wedding album.  For me, it's fun to see how many of our friends came from OOT to our wedding and to see how much fun our guests had (especially with the weather issues).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I have a guest photo album and a professional album too! It's fun to see a variety a photos from different points of view (those who know us vs. professionals).  Hope you had a wonderful wedding DSC!
  • It wouldn't bother me if guests want to take photos of their own using their own phones during the ceremony.

The one instance in which it would bother me for Uncle Bob guests to take photos would be during photo sessions with professionals, but those wouldn't be happening during the ceremony.
  • I read your headline and was prepared to unleash all of my days' frustrations in a long paragraph of why I hate unplugged weddings, and then your actual post made everything better :smile:

Glad you had a great wedding and that you have nice photos to look at!
  • yeah, that's how I feel too.  I'm sure the wait for the pro photos takes 100 years.  

• wmam35 said:
    I read your headline and was prepared to unleash all of my days' frustrations in a long paragraph of why I hate unplugged weddings, and then your actual post made everything better :smile:

Glad you had a great wedding and that you have nice photos to look at!
    YOu can still unleash your frustrations! Someone will need to see it, I'm sure. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards