Not Engaged Yet

Monday.

How was everyone's weekends?

We stayed in Friday night and went to bed super early. I think we were both just so tired from our first week back. 

Saturday we met up with two other couples and went to a local renaissance fair. They were having a GOT costume contest and trivia contest. We didn't stay for those, but watching the costumes was pretty cool. People are so crafty! After that we had a dog play date with our friend's two boxers and Tess while we ordered pizza, and then we all went to our friend's new house to check it out. The girls all had a fire and the boys played video games. It was a fun night.

Yesterday I had a game and my team did pretty good. The problem parent showed up though and sat right behind my team mocking them the whole second half. My assistant went to get the league president so he could deal with it, but he knows this parent and said he would deal with her in private. Come to find out she has a history of getting violent with people. I am not allowed to address her so I hope he handles it. This isn't the first time she has done this and it's getting out of hand. I don't care if she doesn't like me, but to watch the kids do a cheer and then say loudly enough for them all to hear that it was a "monstrosity" is unacceptable. 

After I cooled off from all that, we had a family birthday party and lots of sitting. We didn't feel like doing a thing yesterday and it was nice to relax. We're dog sitting this week for friends so we are enjoying the quiet before Piper gets here on Wednesday!
friends tv show funy

Re: Monday.

• @TwoDimes I hope your H's workplace isn't damaged from the water. Are you feeling better today? We have been talking about starting Stranger Things, but haven't yet.
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro Callie is so cute with that giant bow! Glad her party was a great success! 
    friends tv show funy
  • TwoDimes said:
    labro said:

Callie's birthday party was a YUGE success!

His face is so weird. Like he doesn't even look like a real person to me sometimes.

• @twodimesI had the same reaction at first to Stranger Things, but my bf wanted to keep watching.  After the third episode I was hooked.  It sucks that it was only 8 episodes. -- Also, Happy TK anniversary! In honor of your anniversary I think you should stick around and play all day.

@lizzytish88 wtf is with that parent?! Is she a parent of one of the cheerleaders?  I'm proud of you for not acknowledging her though!  A bunch of parents for the league I helped with were drama-addicts.  I don't think there's been a week yet that hasn't had some sort of problem caused by a parent. It still amazes me that most kids are more well behaved than a lot of adults.

@labro OMG Callie's birthday pictures are adorable! I love that she face planted her cake!  She's a smart woman making sure she had it all for herself.

This weekend was pretty low key. I hung out with my mom on Friday.  Then ran errands most of the weekend.  Saturday night we met up with friends who were having a bon fire.  The temperatures dropped like crazy so I showed up in under armour, boots, and a fleece jacket.  Even with the fire it was too cold though, so we didn't stay long at all.  On the way home we stopped by my bf's best friends house.  Their daughter is a month old and so alert.  She just wanted to see what was going on and kept fighting sleep. They were watching Shameless, which I'm now hooked on.  

I also made a bunch of fall bows for my niece.  I sent a picture to my sister and she responded with "Those are cute! Now she just needs clothes for this season." --- Apparently all the 6-9 month clothes she has are summer clothes.  Which means I need to go shopping so my munchkin has some pants haha
  • @speakeasy14 I know a lot of people who weren't in to the first couple episodes of Stranger Things and just stopped watching it. I went into it with no context or expectations, and I loved it. I feel like it's a cross between the Goonies, Poltergeist, and X-Files. 

@LizzyTish88 WTF? That parent sounds terrible. I can never understand how some grown-ups can act like Mean Girls, especially toward children!

My weekend was tiring. H and I watched Popstar on Friday night, which was funnier than I expected. I love Andy Samberg though. Then, on Saturday, I woke up at 4:45, drove to the airport, and got on a 7:10 flight to SF. Took public transportation straight to the hospital to meet my sis and BIL at the NICU to meet their baby. She is sooo tiny, but adorable! She's all hooked up to machines and in an incubator, but her little hands and feet and nose are adorable. Tiny little chubby fingers! And she has incredible neck strength for a 3.5lb baby - she picks her head up and tries to turn it, which is not good or possible with the CPAP machine. I don't blame her, though - it would suck to be stuck in the same position for a couple of hours at a time like she is.

After a couple hours at the hospital, we went by my sister's apartment so she could pump, then we drove to a sandwich place (major fail - sandwiches took 40 minutes to come out, then mine had a hair in it. No time to re-order, so we got a refund and left). Drove to the airport and boarded the 6:05 flight. There were open first class seats, and since I fly standby as an employee spouse, I snagged one for free! H got jealous because this is the third or fourth time I've gotten an upgrade when I've flown without him, and he has never gotten one in all the years he's worked there. I seem to get them in and out of SFO mostly, which seems weird.

Went to bed early on Saturday night, watched football most of Sunday. My fantasy team was a complete train wreck, and I lost horribly, but it was nice to be home after such a long day Saturday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin Awww I am so glad you got to see your sister and your little niece! I hope she continues to do well and gain weight and grow! Do they have a prognosis or a timeline for when she'll be big enough to go home?

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    @twodimes hahahaha I did the same thing! My bf went out with a bunch of friends and I woke up to flashing lights and screamed on the top of my lungs (we live three houses down from the fire department).

@madamerwin so glad you got to meet your niece and that she's doing well! 
  • labro said:
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:

His face is so weird. Like he doesn't even look like a real person to me sometimes.
    hahaha You know that's Jimmy Fallon?  I mean Trump always looks like something out of Madame Tussauds... so comments are still true hahaha 
  • labro said:
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:

hahaha You know that's Jimmy Fallon?  I mean Trump always looks like something out of Madame Tussauds... so comments are still true hahaha 
    I knew it wasn't him because the eyes aren't squinty enough but I didn't know who!

• @speakeasy14 It got SO COLD pretty much overnight and I am not a fan. Our house was 63 this morning. I have to get my fall clothes out tonight because this week the high around here is 65.

@madamerwin So glad you got to meet your niece and she is doing well. Bummer about the sandwich place though!

Re: The parent, there is a history. The head of the cheer program "D" and the parent "A" got into a fight before the season about their kids and some sleepover drama. They argued over the phone and A told D to get to the school so she could kick her ass. A went to the school and took a swing at someone who she THOUGHT was D but wasn't. D was ready to drop the program if A and child joined but she stuck with it and the rest of the board said they would handle her issues. 

Honestly I'm terrified that she only joined to screw over D and that she will find a way to ruin the season like not showing up to a competition or something of the sort. Hopefully it gets handled before then though.
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro No timeline yet. Originally my sister and BIL were kinda assuming she would be home around her due date (mid-November) since that's pretty common for preemies, but at a recent doctor meeting, they learned that that is not very likely. Baby is still having pretty significant breathing issues for her (gestational) age, and that probably won't resolve itself in the next 7 weeks. I think now they're hoping she'll be home by Christmas. Sister and BIL are definitely having a tough time not knowing any sort of timeline, but I guess that's the life of a NICU parent. But she is gaining weight steadily, and they changed how they are feeding her (continuous feed vs. every 3 hours) in the hope that it will give her lungs more room to expand - the every 3 hours feeding was causing her stomach to bloat, thus pushing on her lungs and making breathing harder. Also, babies her age actually have to learn to breathe; sometimes when she gets too relaxed, she just forgets. They are trying to get her a 1-on-1 nurse so when a breathing episode starts they can try to snap her out of it quickly without increasing respiratory support, so hopefully that'll help train her, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin keeping everything crossed that the breathing issues get better and she can be home for the holidays.

@lizzytish88 geez! That is insane! First off... if you're going to fight someone why would you pick a school!?  She's lucky she wasn't arrested.  Second... that woman needs professional help.
  • @LizzyTish88 I feel like I just read a bad reality TV show script. What in the actual fuck?

@madamerwin Ugh that's so tough...but you're right...it is the life of a NICU parent. Hopefully she continues to make progress and things will change for the better quickly!

• @AlPacina I'm so glad someone was able to get in touch with the owners.  Definitely talk to them about the fence. -- I'm guessing you'll be drinking birthday wine?  With wine? Nah... liquor, very possible.
  • @speakeasy14 - YES! In fact, the only wine I have in my house is birthday wine, and I'm so sad that it's already disappearing so quickly.

And in case anyone was wondering, my favorite wine of the entire birthday weekend was the Mourvedre from Milbrandt Vineyards. I came home with multiple bottles of that one. Hadn't heard of mourvedre before, but I'm officially a fan!

• @minskat30 - I will drink with you in spirit! I'm home alone right now, so I'll be the only witness if I become a total shit show. Haha!

Omg, that face! Her smile is so freaking precious! I recognize the quilt! And I also adore that outfit. I would not be able to leave her either!

• @TwoDimes - New Mindy Project next week!

• @alpacina ha! I'll be wishing I was home alone so I can throw stuffed animals at the TV every time Trump says something dumb...but instead I'll take a sip of wine (hence the copious amounts I'll be drinking)! And thank you...her smile makes me smile every day 
  • @minskat30 OMG I want to squeeze her! She is getting so big! That smile is adorable. Big hugs for going back <3
    friends tv show funy
  • TwoDimes said:
    @minskat30, big hugs, lady! <3 That must be so hard to think about leaving Ani next week, but I have no doubt in my mind that you will both do great. They are going to LOVE her at daycare!! How could they not, she is so stinking cute!!!! And SHE HAS GOTTEN SO BIG!!! <3<3<3
    I swear she looks like a different baby!! How is Ani growing up so fast?????

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards