Not Engaged Yet

TUESDAY!

Man, Hillary KILLED it during the second half of last night's debate. Which is arguably more important. Finish STRONG HIL!

How was your Monday? What is on the agenda for Tuesday?

Yesterday afternoon I got an itch to check the IRS withholding calculator to make sure we've paid in enough taxes so far this year since we didn't pay enough in 2015 and got hit with a massive tax bill. We didn't do anything wrong, it's just that our employers didn't withhold enough because jointly we're in a much higher tax bracker than we are when you look at us by ourselves. It kind of sucked. ANYWAY, now I found out we'll owe $3600 this year if we don't change something now. Soooo I have to withhold an extra $600 from each of my paychecks for the remainder of the year. :( It really really blows. I feel like I'm working for free and this really cuts into our savings goals.

Last night H and I watched the debate. I think Hillary did a really good job and she came across as a likable person I think...which tends to be tough for her sometimes. I really hope this swings the polls significantly in her favor because I don't even know what I'd do with a Donald Trump presidency.

Re: TUESDAY!

• @labro That sucks! I hate taxes! Hope it doesn't throw you guys off too much.

Last night I wanted to watch the debate, however FI was watching football and I didn't feel well so I went to bed early. I had a cold last week and it just seems to be lingering and I can't kick it. I don't think it helps that it's cold and rainy. 

This morning I couldn't seem to get out of my own way so I was running a little late to work. They don't mind at all, I just felt bad. 

Nothing on the agenda today. I heard from another league yesterday that our competition list came out for cheer so I have been creeping on other teams to see what our competition looks like. I also want to start reaching out to vendors for information so I might do that too today. I'm alone in the office, so I will have time to do those things. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 How did you get lucky enough to be solo today? I hope you get to have a nice easy day that isn't jam packed with work related things!

• @PamBeesly524 Poor Crindy! I hope she heals quickly and feels much much better! Did you ever get anything resolved with the adoption agency about this?

• @PamBeesly524 Poor Crindy! I hope that she heals well and is a happy kitty! Did you end up going with a place that helped keep costs down? 
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro They ended up paying for the procedure (I shit you not, our vet gave us a quote for over $500!), but we had to take her to the clinic that they use when they rescue cats. It was 30 minutes away from our house so it was kind of inconvenient. Also, the guy from the shelter (who screwed everything up in the first place) had to be there to sign the paperwork. He told me to get there between 8:00-8:30 and didn't show up until after 9, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. It was all worth it to save the $$, but I am so glad I don't need to deal with that shelter anymore. I'm glad that they did the right thing and were very responsive when I reached out about the issue, but damn, they suck.
  • @PamBeesly524 I am really glad the shelter owned up to it and covered the cost for you at least! But UGH, what a pain. Still, it was worth it...especially compared to spending $500 at your vet!

• @labro – I don’t think Hillary had too many zingers, but that gif was my favorite, for sure. Trump just came off as a guy who’s willing to pull any strings to get his way. Could he make it any more obvious that his tax cuts for corporations will be helping basically just himself? I’m SO SORRY that not enough taxes were being taken out from you and your husband again. And then fucking Trump doesn’t even pay taxes. Things are…….. pretty fucked.

@PamBeesly524 – Cats on drugs are hilarious. Psychotic, but hilarious.

--------------

I drank so much wine last night during the debate, and then I passed out. I'm so tired today. But really, I mostly just wish I were still drinking. ;)

I'm hitting up a German restaurant for happy hour later, and told all my friends that I hoped they would watch so we could rant about the debate later.

• @AlPacina I think she definitely had a mic drop moment when Trump called her out on "stamina". I just couldn't find a good gif for it.

• labro said:
    @AlPacina I think she definitely had a mic drop moment when Trump called her out on "stamina". I just couldn't find a good gif for it.

@labro - Was it this one?

"As soon as he travels to 112 countries and negotiates a peace deal, a cease fire… Or even spends 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee, he can talk to me about stamina.”

Because I thought that was fabulous.

• @AlPacina German restaurants are my favorite. I really don't like a lot of German fare, but they ALWAYS seem to at least have pretzels with beer cheese on the appetizer list and I'm like

• @AlPacina German restaurants are my favorite. I really don't like a lot of German fare, but they ALWAYS seem to at least have pretzels with beer cheese on the appetizer list and I'm like

• @labro

I know, I'm unfortunately kind of a picky eater. I've gotten a LOT better over the years (when I was little I would literally only eat hot dogs and chicken nuggets), but there's still some stuff that I can't wrap my head around. It's so annoying - I WANT TO LIKE ALL THE FOOD!
  • @PamBeesly524 - I have spent the entire day so far dreaming about an enormous stein of beer, and some sausages, pretzels, and CHEESE! You get it........

Do you like spaetzle?

• @PamBeesly524 But spaetzle = noodles? Who doesn't like noodles with some brown gravy.

And dumplings? Who doesn't like potatoes?

Schnitzel = delicious tender fried pork chops! Even better with a little squirt of lemon or some brown gravy and mushrooms!

I mean, so not everyone is a big fan of red cabbage...but it's cooked in vinegar and so so yummy. But I won't judge for that.

And currywurst!!!!!!! Do you like curry? Do you like bratwurst? BahBAHM! Deliciousness all in one!

• @AlPacina @labro

Noodles yes, gravy no
    Dumplings yes!
    I don't really eat pork (just bacon), so no Schnitzel
    definitely no red cabbage! :)
    No curry. Bratwurst is meh.

I'M SO SORRY
  • @AlPacina @labro

Noodles yes, gravy no
    Dumplings yes!
    I don't really eat pork (just bacon), so no Schnitzel
    definitely no red cabbage! :)
    No curry. Bratwurst is meh.

I'M SO SORRY
    Well LUCKILY for you they also make schnitzel with VEAL!

Also Black Forest Cake is German.

Have you ever heard of kasespatzle?

It's basically German mac n cheese. With fried onions.

• @labro now the cake and the mac and cheese i will EAT. That is the way to my heart.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    Get a break from work and...

Image result for drooling gif

Image result for food of my people gif

The board is here this week, so it is chaos.  I have a dress appointment tonight to get my dress altered. That's all my excitement, oh and this cuteness overload:

• @speakeasy14 - E-dizzle is the cutest, for shizzle!

And it's pretty unfair of @labro to talk about all the delicious food and put up all those food pictures when I still have a few hours to go!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards