Chit Chat
Options

American Horror Story

Any watchers? What did you think?

Re: American Horror Story

• Options
    Ugghh, I am 1.5 seasons behind and just watching the trailers to this season gives me the creeps!!  I'm turning into a chicken.
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    Ugghh, I am 1.5 seasons behind and just watching the trailers to this season gives me the creeps!!  I'm turning into a chicken.
    This one was pretty creepy. I loved it!
  • Options
    I watched but I haven't decided if I'm excited about the documentary format or turned off by it. I love Lily Rabe and was hoping she would be in it as more than a narrator. I'm glad they went with Roanoke, while I thought the marketing strategy behind not sharing the theme was great, some of the fake themes would've made me not watch (spiders and dolls). I am looking forward to the next episode! 
  • Options
    OMG DID I MISS THE SEASON PREMIERE????

...I can't believe it.  I marked it on the calendar, too.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Yep, it was last night. It should be on demand today.
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    the trailers alone make me know I could never watch this show
  • Options
    I've seen the creepy commercials, but have never seen an episode.  What is the general gist/storyline of the show?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen the creepy commercials, but have never seen an episode.  What is the general gist/storyline of the show?
    Every season is a stand alone story line for the most part which is one of my favorite things about the show. I didn't start watching until Season 4 and then went back and watched Seasons 1-3 after that. This season's theme seems to be the lost colony of Roanoke. 
  • Options
    It figures the theme would be Roanoke now that I don't have cable anymore! I wonder when it will come to Hulu.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I'm late to the party. I just saw this post.

I watched! I'm so excited about the theme. I really like the documentary/narration style they're doing this time around. It reminds me a lot of Murder House, which is great! I loved that season. I'm excited to see where they take this season.

• Options
    I like the theme/style a lot but I don't know if I believe AHS can pull it off well... the documentary format opens up a lot of possibilities for creating tension/mystery through unreliable narrators/multiple perspectives on a given event and lack of absolute "truth," but I'm not convinced they are going to use it as any more than a gimmick.

I liked the first episode a lot but was unimpressed by this week's. We'll see... I've started watching every season by haven't finished a season since Coven (and that one was a slog to get through). 
  • Options
    I was reading something this week where Ryan Murphy said episode 6 will be a big change. Also, while each season is a stand alone they all exist in the same universe. 

I have a theory that Lily Rabe and her husband are actually dead and guests on the tv show that Billie Dean Howard talked about (the Sarah Paulson psychic character from Murder Houses) and/or there will be some fourth wall breaking where the nurses, villagers, etc., end up being really evil. Otherwise you lose all tension knowing that the couple survive and that Kathy Bates and Gaga and the others are really just an actor pretending to be a ghost. 
  • Options

If you DVR it, it probably was missed if you had it on a "series recording." Each season's title changes, so after the season is over, it won't record again, until you find the new season's title and start a new recording. For example, American Horror Story: Coven recorded the whole season, but then when American Horror Story: Freak Show started, the DVR didn't recognize the new title, and recorded nothing.

It's super frustrating and actually the reason why I stopped watching a few seasons ago. It just sort of fell off the DVR and then I heard the show got really weird anyway. I'm tempted to check in on the current season though since I like Cuba Gooding Jr.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards