Wedding Woes

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• @Heffalump  he disengaged it, locked the door and left.  I opened it, then re-engaged and it was working fine. There was a mangled Nerf dart on the ground so I wonder if that was the culprit. Who knows. I just wanted him to stop opening and closing!  

• 6fsn said:
    @Heffalump  he disengaged it, locked the door and left.  I opened it, then re-engaged and it was working fine. There was a mangled Nerf dart on the ground so I wonder if that was the culprit. Who knows. I just wanted him to stop opening and closing!  

We have issues with leaves in the fall catching the sensors.  We came home a couple times to an open garage last year.  Whoops. 

Trying to figure out garage sensor issues can be obnoxious. 
  • Sending you lots of positive vibes, @SaintPaulGal!

Glad your Mom is physically OK and on the road to recovery, @AtomicBlonde!
  • edited September 2016
    VarunaTT said:
    *vibes* to everyone with job fvckery going on.

I've had to do a bunch of computer work today.  I'm also writing a statement in conjunction with K.  Her derby league, I think, is working up to kicking her out over her taking a knee at the national anthem.  

So she went ahead with it?!  Good for her. How did the meet go?  Did she make it out reasonably unscathed?

ETA:  I'm really, really angry for you and K in this situation.  No one should be peer pressured or worse yet, physically threatened into some show of patriotism.  That's quite frankly, the most un-American thing you can possibly do.  You know who beats their citizens into submission?  North Korea.  If you think that's how citizens of a nation should be treated, I'll buy you a one way pass to visit Kim Jung Un.
  • VarunaTT said:
    *vibes* to everyone with job fvckery going on.

@AtomicBlonde it's hard.  After my divorce, I seriously contemplated blowing this city.  I was talking to my mother about it over dinner and she got this really funny look on her face.  She basically asked me not to leave, b/c they need me.  That was really hard for her to admit.  Though I've kept a close eye on my father for years now b/c of his health/decline, I've always just assumed my mother would be fine until she just dropped dead.  We had a serious conversation at that point about some of her health/physical issues that she had downplayed.  Now, it almost feels like it's all I can see.  Big hugs to you.  It's hard to realize your parents are not only adults, but aging adults.

I've had to do a bunch of computer work today.  I'm also writing a statement in conjunction with K.  Her derby league, I think, is working up to kicking her out over her taking a knee at the national anthem.  

Other than that, SSDD only now with WINE!  (Hey, I'm unemployed and bored).
    Best of vibes to you and K!
  • @AtomicBlonde Great news. It's always a relief to be able to rule out serious physical conditions, and I'm so glad to hear that she's now willing to admit that she needs help.

@SaintPaulGal best of luck to you! I hope you can figure out a way to slip out of work unnoticed before you leave for vacation. It sounds like this new opportunity will really be a good move for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards